EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2014 Buick Enclave with about 55k miles. First 2 weeks it ran great, then randomly while my wife was dropping off our son at school she turned the car off, removed the keys, and the car was still running. She put the keys back in the ignition and the car turned off. About 10min later when she goes to leave, the car wouldn't turn on. She finally got it started and the CEL came on.

She got it to a mechanic, but she said the car was not running smooth at all. The mechanic doesn't have a lot of time, but pulls several CEL codes (I believe 2096 and 2098). The next day he calls and says that the rear catalytic converter is bad, but that GMC should replace it under warranty.

So we head to a local GMC. They claim during diagnostics that before they can even tell if the CAT is bad, they need to replace the coolant temperature sensor ($340!!). I didn't have time to do it myself and then take it back down to GMC if it didnt fix the problem, so they are currently doing the work. Could the coolant temp sensor really be the cause of the issues we've had? Seems a little off to me.

·
Super Moderator
509 Posts
No way the temperature sensor is causing it to continue running after removing the key. Not saying it's not bad or shouldn't be replaced but it's not the cause of that specific issue.

Was it raining? Most of the issues with lambda's continuing to run after removing the key are water leak related.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. My wife had recently gotten the car washed, so perhaps that caused the water damage.

I knew the two were not related, didn't make any sense to me. I will talk to the technician and have him try to explain to me how a bad coolant sensor could cause the car to stay running after removing the keys, and then have him look up that service bulletin. I will post the results in case others have this issue.

By the way, GM charged me $340 to replace the coolant sensor. What a ****ing ripoff.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
go on the Traverse forum.
There is a member there- greentraverse I believe his name is, who will email you lots of info on adding the tow kit.
He may have info that will help you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new here hello everyone first off second **** buick now I feel better.Iam a mechanic and never in my life have I seen stupid **** like this.I have finally figured it out on the water or how it is getting in the car which seem to be one of many ways.Well my way is at the tops of the doors almost as if the tops of the doors stick out.I rolled down the window and bent the frames pretty good now the door sits below or inside the roof line on the side where the door meets the roof.I next took the under dash fuse box out and blowed the water out and took a heat gun and made sure everything was dry then put it back in.Well guess what the car shuts off the stability trak light has went off exc all is good.

Well guess what everything was good but after it runs for awhile the car does not want to shut off and it is draining the battery just when you fix something on this piece of **** something else happens.I honestly don't think its the ignition or the ring that picks up the chip in the key oh! I also found the tubes from the sunroof were dumping inside the car all that is now stopped.oh!the key cylinder lock I think needs to be changed out lucky for me I have an extra piece of **** in the back that I can take parts off of I will say if you soft roll the key the car wants to stay running but if you push in turn sort of fast shuts off everytime for me any ways.I let my wife drive it into town and guess who gets a dam call yep that's right me.I am gonna change out my key clinder lock and see what that does but the stability trak light has not come back on as soon as I figure out how to post pics I will do just that I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS **** and as you would know it the dealer tells me there are no RECALLS.

sorry for the long babbling message yes I need anger management lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts