EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks -- I would love more counsel. The fuel injector issues I'm having are long-standing over the past year and a half.

Last time, the ignition pack for #1 was replaced and it ran well for a month.

Any ideas on what next to repair? I'm at the shop now but would love feedback from the 09 fuel injector experts on here.

(I have been using the gas recommended and also using Techron.)

Will come back and update once further diagnosis is received from the mechanic.

·
Registered
331 Posts
How did you make out at the shop? All odd cylinder codes eh? I would think there is a possibly a restriction on that side of the rail since you are getting pressure codes as well. If you didn't get the pressure codes I would lean towards a clogged Cat, loose connection to related to that side, or possible carbon buildup on the valves. Tell us what the shop says.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The shop did not feel capable of further diagnosis since the lights are off and they drove it vigorously for 10 miles and it worked well with no further issues. The skips that the codes indicated on 1, 3, and 5 were limited -- about 300 total and the light blinked for about 3 seconds or so then turned steady.

They did find a leaking hose that had some oil on it and they replaced that hose. [It was a pvc bypass hose that was leaking.] They didn't feel comfortable just randomly replacing parts and spending money on something that they simply did not have enough information to further diagnose.

Quite honestly -- as I've learned by looking at past threads on the 09 Enclave -- these issues will occur for the life of the car. Eventually, I expect every fuel injector to blow -- I've replaced #2 twice and #6.

If I could afford at this time to buy another car I would -- so I will have to make do with this one until that time arrives.

I don't feel comfortable trading it in either as that would tie me in to another Buick -- and I do not intend to ever ever purchase another Buick.

Thanks so much for asking! When further issues arise on these three injectors, I'll try to come back and post updates on this thread as I do value the insight that others who have been through this provide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Bigal56
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing