EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been discussed many times before but I just have to rant about it again. It sucks that ent#4 does not include a 6 disc changer. One would think this should be included in the most expensive entertainment package. Any reason why GM did not include a changer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Flipsonic said:
This has probably been discussed many times before but I just have to rant about it again. It sucks that ent#4 does not include a 6 disc changer. One would think this should be included in the most expensive entertainment package. Any reason why GM did not include a changer?
I don't think it fits with the LCD panel used for DVD and Nav. The changer with the #1 Ent unit goes into the same space. To have a changer with the other packages would require remote mounting it somewhere.

joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Flipsonic said:
This has probably been discussed many times before but I just have to rant about it again. It sucks that ent#4 does not include a 6 disc changer. One would think this should be included in the most expensive entertainment package. Any reason why GM did not include a changer?
Isn't a CD changer going the way of the Sony betamax ;)

With the "aux" input in the dash and the back of the console and the relative inexpense of MP3 players you can carry all of your music "electronically" and not have to "change" a thing! Saves room too! :thumb:

One of our other cars has an SD slot, aux input, onboard hard drive, cd slot, and cd changer. The cd changer tray is still in the box!! I wish we didn't have it as it takes up too much room in the trunk!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
johnt26 said:
Isn't a CD changer going the way of the Sony betamax ;)
Perhaps 8-track is a better example :)

Seriously, I think johnt26 got it right. Do you complain about lack of cassette, or 8-track player, in your car? I think not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Funny, I thought the same thing. Besides you can only listen to one CD at a time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
if you talk to aftermarket car audio manufacturers they say that CD changer sales are nearly non existant
but iPod compatability is hot..................my Eclipse system controls the iPod from its touch screen and has a
built in harmonizer feature that restores some of the lost fidelity due to the iPod info compression so the sound is
still amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just don't like a lot of clutter on the front dash. That's why I would've liked to have a CD/MP3 changer with my ent#4. What sucks is I can't listen to a CD while my kids are watching a movie.

For those who have the iPod, can you please share pics of how it is set up on your front dashboard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Flipsonic said:
I just don't like a lot of clutter on the front dash. That's why I would've liked to have a CD/MP3 changer with my ent#4. What sucks is I can't listen to a CD while my kids are watching a movie.

For those who have the iPod, can you please share pics of how it is set up on your front dashboard?
That's exactly why we got the DVD in headrest to avoid having to let the kids take over everything. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
Flipsonic said:
I just don't like a lot of clutter on the front dash. That's why I would've liked to have a CD/MP3 changer with my ent#4. What sucks is I can't listen to a CD while my kids are watching a movie.

For those who have the iPod, can you please share pics of how it is set up on your front dashboard?
We got one of those Belkin iPod holders - it plugs into the cig lighter and holds the iPods up - we then have a cable connected to the AUX input.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top