EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Enclave fans that much more enthusiastic than the Outlook fans? Based on the stats for these 2 forums, more Outlooks have been sold, but the Enclave forum is MANY more times active.
"Are we crazy for Buicks ???"

·
Registered
167 Posts
outlook was out first.
also easier and a little cheaper to get.
i originally was going to get an outlook until someone told me to
hold off 3 months that buick was releasing one.
And here i am.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
MRBUICK said:
Are the Enclave fans that much more enthusiastic than the Outlook fans? Based on the stats for these 2 forums, more Outlooks have been sold, but the Enclave forum is MANY more times active.
outlooks and acadias were introduced at almost the sametime so they have more time on the market than the enclaves.... PLUS YOU CAN'T GET A DARN ENCLAVE TO COME OUT OF THE FRIGG'N PLANT.....getting on my nerves.

·
Registered
14 Posts
MRBUICK said:
I wondered the same thing and created a thread about it on the Outlook forum. The answer I was given is that more people tend to post at saturnfans.com rather than these boards.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I wonder if most of us have our Enclaves instead of waiting for one, will this site be more active as the Acadia's or Outlook's?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Outlooks and Acadia's will far outsell Enclaves as the extra $$$'s are not worth it to the average dude, however, those of us that go the extra...really, really like it. We are obviously more pumped about our vehicles and are showing our "Enclavism" in this forum :dancing:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"ENCLAVISM"
That's a good one :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
577 Posts
MsS42 said:
outlooks and acadias were introduced at almost the sametime so they have more time on the market than the enclaves.... PLUS YOU CAN'T GET A DARN ENCLAVE TO COME OUT OF THE FRIGG'N PLANT.....getting on my nerves.
8500 sold by the end of July and by the end of Aug over 12,000 and by the time you order likely 18000+

·
Registered
100 Posts
My hunch, is that 25% - 50% of Enclave buyers are somehow favorably disposed towards Buick - either with present or past experience. I might even be low on this number.

Then, another 50% will look at (and buy) the Enclave simply because what it offers is so compelling.

IMO, although the Enclave will be a big success for Buick, I think they would have sold 1.5x - 2x units more had the general population already been a little bit more favorable pre-disposed towards Buick.

If the Enclave continues to be a success (for Buick - what is a success for Buick would be a failure for Toyota at this point), then Buick's next "Enclave" (whatever that might be) will be an even larger success - thanks to the Enclave!

I just hope there isn't a mechanical rat in the wood pile somewhere that no one has discovered yet (ie - big recall, transmission failures, etc) - I really don't think so,but it could happen . . . .

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I really like the Outlook and almost bought one except for two things. First, no captains chairs with cloth seats. And second, I couldn't justify the pricing. I think the Saturn needs to be priced about $2,000 lower to compete with the Acadia and Enclave because you can negotiate a lower price with GM and Buick.

And yes, saturnfans.com is a great website that's well established.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I will get some boo-hoos for this, but I for one, would have said you will NEVER see me in Buick, ever. The Buick style did NOTHING for me ever. When the crossover's came out, I really liked the GMC Acadia. Then, went car-shopping with hubby, seen the Enclave, and it was like OMG, I love this, I love this, I love this. Now I drive one and I really love it. I am a classic case of never say never. EVER!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I'm with you 100%. We always had a Buick in my house as a kid. I hated them. It took lots of soul searching for me to actually order one because in my mind it means that I've turned into my parents. I've crossed over to the other side. Yikes! :'(

·
Registered
154 Posts
Axiama and Vikchick -- I am with you both 100%. I think that's what makes this car so good - it sure had it's work cut out for it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
axiama said:
I'm with you 100%. We always had a Buick in my house as a kid. I hated them. It took lots of soul searching for me to actually order one because in my mind it means that I've turned into my parents. I've crossed over to the other side. Yikes! :'(
[/quote And that's why they call them crossovers. :D Sorry! :sosad: What kind of Buicks were in the houshold that you hated so much?

R

·
0 Posts
also, one thing i notice is that there are almost 20 outlooks sitting on my local saturn lots (been there for about a month) and only 1 enclave and the gmc lots have 2-5 at most, and the gmc's and buick's are sold but waiting for them to be picked up.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rollin Thunder said:
also, one thing i notice is that there are almost 20 outlooks sitting on my local saturn lots and like 1 enclave and the gmc lots have 2-5 at most, and they are sold but waiting for them to be picked up.
Same here in NJ, there seem to be plenty of Outlooks on dealer lots.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
And that's why they call them crossovers. :D Sorry! :sosad: What kind of Buicks were in the houshold that you hated so much?
[/quote]

There's a 1999 LaSabre, before that would have been a 1993 Park Avenue? and then a whole series of non-memorable cars dating back to when I was 9.

Crossover - good one! :thumb:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I was preparing to order an Acadia when I saw the Enclave and bought one the next day! I had a rich, cigar smoking uncle who drove nothing but Buicks all his life. I loved the man dearly, but would never even consider a Buick. That is until I saw the Enclave. Someone used the word earlier in this thread, and the word is "STYLE"!

·
Registered
173 Posts
axiama said:
I really like the Outlook and almost bought one except for two things. First, no captains chairs with cloth seats. And second, I couldn't justify the pricing. I think the Saturn needs to be priced about $2,000 lower to compete with the Acadia and Enclave because you can negotiate a lower price with GM and Buick.

And yes, saturnfans.com is a great website that's well established.
This is exactly what I've been saying about the pricing. The fixed pricing is really hurting Saturn now that it's vehicles are related to other GM products. I suspect it is about to go away.

Also agree on saturnfans.

Ultimately, all three Lambdas have great forums. This is something few non-performance GM vehicles have achieved. If they could similarly reinvent other segments, they'd be out of the woods.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
To me it looked like they were trying to offset the pricing factor by offering lower interest rates on the Outlook. When I was shopping in May, they were offering 1.9% financing on the Outlook but the best financing on the Enclave was 4.9%. That makes a difference but not much.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts