EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ! I'm new to this forum and just purchased a 2009 Buick Enclave with mileage of around 79,000 kilometers. When I took the vehicle I noticed that my car had a consumption of around 22 liters / 100 km while the average consumption is 14 liters / 100 km. I would like to have your respective experiences in the matter. Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
153 Posts
That seems to be excessive fuel consumption. Do you have the service records? I would clean the throttle body and replace the air filter, reset the ECM adaptions and recheck your mileage. Your check engine light should illuminate if any components are faulty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems to be excessive fuel consumption. Do you have the service records? I would clean the throttle body and replace the air filter, reset the ECM adaptions and recheck your mileage. Your check engine light should illuminate if any components are faulty.
Thanks you Sir !
Can you talk me about ECM adoptions because I don't know about that component.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ECM adaptions are not a component. They are a "learning" process that the ECM uses to keep your vehicle running correctly. Anytime a faulty component is replaced, adjustments are made or cleaning of the throttle body or injectors, the ECM adaptions should be reset to a base line and the ECM will then relearn what it needs to make the correct adjustments for the engine to run correctly. Prior to doing this, you must be sure that you don't have any fault codes that would indicate a possible faulty component that would require replacement. Also you need to check and make sure that all your intake air hoses are securely in place with no cracks and all vacuum hoses are correctly in place as any form of air leak will require a richer mixture to correct for the leak. Resetting adaptions can be as simple as disconnecting the battery or may require a scan tool to perform it. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ECM adaptions are not a component. They are a "learning" process that the ECM uses to keep your vehicle running correctly. Anytime a faulty component is replaced, adjustments are made or cleaning of the throttle body or injectors, the ECM adaptions should be reset to a base line and the ECM will then relearn what it needs to make the correct adjustments for the engine to run correctly. Prior to doing this, you must be sure that you don't have any fault codes that would indicate a possible faulty component that would require replacement. Also you need to check and make sure that all your intake air hoses are securely in place with no cracks and all vacuum hoses are correctly in place as any form of air leak will require a richer mixture to correct for the leak. Resetting adaptions can be as simple as disconnecting the battery or may require a scan tool to perform it. Good luck.
Thank you very much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts