EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen a 2008 Enclave CX yet only the CXL model.Besides the Wheel size is there anything else that's different on the exterior?
I should add that I know the Moon Roof is extra.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
There are no other differences on the exterior. The CXL has more options than the CX but there are no physical differences between the two.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe that the CXL has the GM badging on the side where-as the CX does not, and it has 19" wheels as opposed to the 18 on the CX as you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
What does the GM badging look like? I've never noticed that before.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TOP DOG for that info.Every Forum has a clown in the house so I suppose that title belongs to you.ARF! ARF!

·
Registered
509 Posts
The ONLY differences are this:

1) 18" wheels vs. 19" wheels
2) CX badge vs. CXL badge on rear

That's ALL folks...no GM emblem difference, etc.. Just those two things.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
axiama said:
What does the GM badging look like? I've never noticed that before.
Is it that little square GM symbol just behind the front wheel? I think you can see it in Smokin's pics.[/color] :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That's probably what he's referring to, Rosita. I have that symbol on my CX though.

My concern when I ordered a CX was that there would be interior differences that weren't shown in the brochure. The Outlook has the wood trim on the XR model and a nickel trim on the XE model. That was my concern on the Enclave but no worries. The CX and the CXL are identical in appearance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I thought the grill was slightly different as well. I have never actually stopped to compare, but I remember a picture side-by-side.

Like axiama, I ordered the CX and hoped and am glad to say it is identical inside (aside from the options missing).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the Enclave CX on order, so just reading the previous info is very comforting.Knowing what to expect when the Vehicle finally gets here makes us very excited.I can honestly say that after trying out a lot of different cars the Enclave was just unbelievable in every way.Can't wait till March rolls around.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Tony2Tap said:
I thought the grill was slightly different as well. I have never actually stopped to compare, but I remember a picture side-by-side.

Like axiama, I ordered the CX and hoped and am glad to say it is identical inside (aside from the options missing).
No, no difference there either.

Just the wheels, the CX vs. CXL badge, and then inside the cloth vs. leather. That's it. Yet another reason why we loved the Enclave CX more than either the Acadia or Outlook...who's lower models really did seem lower and stripped down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts