EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just got our new Red Jewel Enclave and we really, really love it. Anyway, we have Enter Package #4 with DVD. The thing comes with two headphones and of course we have three kids. We need an extra pair of headphones. The dealer gave us this part number: 15183591 (his price $120). However, several Buick Enclave sites listed in the "Useful Websites" section show headphones with a different part number: 17802612 ($50). Have you tried these, how do they work?

What have you all ordered?

Same deal goes for the cargo net. Dealer number for cargo net: 15283599 ($29). "Useful Websites" cargo net: 19158229 ($27)

Any help would be great.

G

·
not sure about cargo nets
, but

my dealer offered me aftermarket head phones at 50 dollars a piece, not sure the part number, but i also had a 50 dollar gift card that they gave me for going to one of there ceminars on how they are the top dealer in va, i went for the free food and the gift card.

but the after market are twice as nice as the stock ones and the work accross the board on any one of gms panasonic dvd players.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I have read on this site that the brochure is in error when it states wireless headphones for the entertainment 3 package and truely only comes with #4. If this is true, do they provide any headphones with the separate rear audio controls?

·
Registered
184 Posts
We have 4 kids and need extra headphones too. Our enclave should be here in the next few weeks. Hopefully!
But, looking at the picture of the headphones in that ebay link, they look like they will be falling off my 3 year old! Yikes!
I want my kids to understand that the DVD (package #2) player can only be played with the headphones on. If not, we will never get to enjoy our radio in the front seat.

Is there a place to plug in "wired" headphones like the ones that come with an ipod to listen to the DVD player? Those headphones are easier for my 3 year old to put in her ear. The other thing is having my 1 year old being able to listen to the DVD player... UGH..There's going to be a lot of screaming in my enclave!

For those who have the headphones, where do you store them when they are not in use??

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Yes, you can plug in wired headphones - there are two jacks attached to the second row radio controls. I hang one set on the cord for my oldest daughter and I store the other set in the front console. With two children (ages: 23 months and 5 years) we opted for the least expensive headphones from radio shack.

·
Registered
116 Posts
4kids said:
For those who have the headphones, where do you store them when they are not in use??
My 4yr old is still in the wanting-to-sit-here, no-there, no-here-again, phase... so I haven't found a permanent place to keep them yet!

At the moment, he mainly prefers the 3rd row so we've been keeping them in the box recess just behind the 3rd row cupholders. It's a small space but if you stand the headphones up on the ear bits, they fit quite neatly. Just watch that they're completely out of the way of the 3rd row if you fold the 3rd row seats down though, I've caught them a few times but thankfully no damage :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
axiama: Does your 23 month old wear the large headphones from radio shack? Do they sit well? How about the 5 year old? My 17 month old doesn't really "watch" tv but I will assume she will catch on..although, in the house, if a tv isn't on, she will put it on anyhow.
Also, are they "wireless" from Radio Shack also?

butterscotch: I laughed about your 4 year old. We took a test ride in an Enclave that was on the lot this past Saturday (we bought our Enclave without even test driving--test drove an Acadia) My 3 year old wanted to be in the third row and we put the one year old in one of the buckets. My 9 year old jumped in the third row middle..which was odd..but, I didn't question him! The only thing that he asked over and over was "where is the DVD player???" That Enclave had no DVD or Nav.
That sounds like a good place in the third row. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
4kids said:
axiama: Does your 23 month old wear the large headphones from radio shack? Do they sit well? How about the 5 year old? My 17 month old doesn't really "watch" tv but I will assume she will catch on..although, in the house, if a tv isn't on, she will put it on anyhow.
Also, are they "wireless" from Radio Shack also?
The headphones are not wireless. They fit perfectly on the 5 year old but they are still too big for the little one. She doesn't really get the concept of the headphones yet, though. She just wants to do everything her big sister does.

·
Registered
115 Posts
dwhsd said:
Hi all,

Just got our new Red Jewel Enclave and we really, really love it. Anyway, we have Enter Package #4 with DVD. The thing comes with two headphones and of course we have three kids. We need an extra pair of headphones. The dealer gave us this part number: 15183591 (his price $120). However, several Buick Enclave sites listed in the "Useful Websites" section show headphones with a different part number: 17802612 ($50). Have you tried these, how do they work?

What have you all ordered?

Same deal goes for the cargo net. Dealer number for cargo net: 15283599 ($29). "Useful Websites" cargo net: 19158229 ($27)

Any help would be great.
See my original posting on this here - http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=494.0

P/N 17802612 $42.80. My kids used them recently on a trip from NJ to Hilton Head Island, SC. They worked perfectly. The Enclave's 2-channel feature is great. 2 kids watched a movie, while the other listened to a CD, and we listened to XM..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did you set up the system to have 2 kids watching DVD, another listening to CD, and then XM up front? I know you can do two different things, but did not know you could do three.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anybody know with Entertainment package 3 (no rear DVD) if the only way to listen to the radio in the 2nd row is via a wired pair of head phones or can wireless be used ?

Thanks,
Reg

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
reg255 said:
Does anybody know with Entertainment package 3 (no rear DVD) if the only way to listen to the radio in the 2nd row is via a wired pair of head phones or can wireless be used ?

Thanks,
Reg
Wired only, this is a mistake in the brochure. Only the DVD has the module required to allow wireless headphones to work. You also do not get headphones with #3 as the brochure states

1 - 13 of 13 Posts