EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to get window tint on my Enclave. But I do plan on to get eyebrow tint as well. But question is, since I do have the Forward Collision Alert and stuff, is it a good idea to get the eyebrow tint? If so, should I get nonmetalized as well? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I have the eyebrow on my 08. However, I don't have the front collision warning option. Since yours DOES, I wouldn't put anything across there at all that may hinder it's ability to do what is meant to do.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Is it located on or behind the rearview mirror? I wonder if they could cut the tint out around that area? I know that when they did mine, they just ran the tint film over the perforated factory tint that is behind the mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yeah, I would stay away from doing an eyebrow on that.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
vic1212 said:
Or I wonder if they can go around it
I'm pretty sure they can cut the film to suit what you ask the installer to do.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If you have some type of EZ Pass for toll roads, make sure the tint doesn't cover up that tag

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
vic1212 said:
How thick is your eyebrow tint cfedor?
I had a friend of mine who is a professional installer put the tint on the front windows and the eyebrow. I do know that it is a 17% darkness, which is just over the legal darkness. I will check with him and find out.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Because I know some usually do like 5 inch width for the eyebrow tint so was just wondering what's the width on yours?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
vic1212 said:
Because I know some usually do like 5 inch width for the eyebrow tint so was just wondering what's the width on yours?
OK. That makes more sense to me. I thought you meant the actual thickness of the film he used. The width of mine is wider on the sides approx. 6-1/2". At the center mirror from the roof liner it is 4-3/8". This is due to the curvature of the windshield.

There is a label imprinted on the windshield glass on the passenger side (ASI) that is set by the NTSB that tint is not allowed to fall below. That is where mine goes down to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
3 Participants
vic1212
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing