EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the call my Enclave was in after 6 months of waiting and the order was wrong. I saw the computer screen. Originally placed on May 14th just how I speced it out fully loaded White diamond. On July 28 the factory deleted the chrome and luxury packages and never notified anyone. I am out of luck. Can't find one to my specs now. And people wonder why the big 3 are in trouble in the US. It is because of things like this! I won't be buying a Buick now or ever! :angryfire:

·
Registered
509 Posts
WarringtonClave said:
And people wonder why the big 3 are in trouble in the US. It is because of things like this! I won't be buying a Buick now or ever! :angryfire:
No, not really--at least with this "issue".

It is terrible and sucks, yes, but was just a random, weird "wrong time/wrong place" kind of a thing, and GM shouldn't have done it...but it isn't a common practice either.

Have they done a nationwide search for you? Given the trouble with this order you've been waiting for, the dealer should be bending over backwards to search EVERYWHERE to find you a match and make things right.

·
Registered
134 Posts
:banghead: That is strange, but before you blame Buick/GM request to speak to the area Buick rep. It's almost unheard of to change a customer order without notifiying the dealer.
There could have been a temporary component shortage, and the dealer did not ask what you wanted to do; change the order or wait.
Don't give up yet, the Enclave is worth waiting for! :blob:

G

·
i agree, this seems like the dealer not telling you every thing, not that gm didnt notify you, your dealer should be doing every thing in his power (and then some) to get you one your happy with.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This happened to my order as well. It showed up without the Luxury Pkg. Going through the order in the system you could see it was there all along, but disappeared the week it was built. We took it up through the manager of the dealership through the zone rep and they could not get a straight answer from Buick. I took delivery of the Enclave as it was. I made peace with not having it and had fully planned on going to GM myself, logging a complaint and rasing a little rucus, but after driving the Enclave it just did not seem as important anymore and all my anger towards the missing pkg disappeared.

It is hard to stay mad/angry when you are driving an Enclave.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
What do guys think Buick is? Burger King? You can't have it your way. Be happy you even got one. ;D

Seriously, I'd be upset. I'd still would want my vehicle with the original options I ordered. In the meantime I like to keep this Enclave to drive around. Yes please ;D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Warrington Clave, I am sorry to hear what happened to you, but hardly think it is GM to blame. I questioned MY dealer after muljo had the problem with the lux package, and he said there is "no way, no how" that GM can change/cancel a pre-sold "customer order" without "express/written" request or approval of both the dealer AND the customer. My bet is that your dealer did not enter the order as a pre-sold "customer order" and hence the change was allowed. He said that many times a "dealer stock" order can get changed due to issues like this if it is flagged by the dealer to allow for "fluctuation", but NOT on a pre-sold customer order. Once again, the fault/blame lies with the dealer NOT the factory and incompetent or unethical dealers are NOT limited to domestic manufacturers.

·
Registered
509 Posts
ccaats said:
Warrington Clave, I am sorry to hear what happened to you, but hardly think it is GM to blame. I questioned MY dealer after muljo had the problem with the lux package, and he said there is "no way, no how" that GM can change/cancel a pre-sold "customer order" without "express/written" request or approval of both the dealer AND the customer. My bet is that your dealer did not enter the order as a pre-sold "customer order" and hence the change was allowed. He said that many times a "dealer stock" order can get changed due to issues like this if it is flagged by the dealer to allow for "fluctuation", but NOT on a pre-sold customer order. Once again, the fault/blame lies with the dealer NOT the factory and incompetent or unethical dealers are NOT limited to domestic manufacturers.
This has BIG ring of truth to it--and sounds very, very plausible.

So, it's worth getting to the bottom of, for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to a dealer to order my Enclave and was told there was a temporary "embargo" re ordering the Luxury package. Apparently they are temporarily not building Enclaves with that option. The dealer thought it might last a month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I did it. After my original dealer left me out to dryand would not do a search greater than 400 miles because "it wouldn't be profitable for the dealer" that was what they told me, I found my Enclave in Cooperstown, NY at Gary Enck's Car Store! It was just like I ordered except it had cashmere interior and not the ebony I wanted. 8 passengers, fully loaded every option but the block heater. In White Diamond! Drove 4 hours one way and picked it up yesterday!

What an unbelievable vehicle. Words do not do this car justice! The family loves it. I hope that other dealership in Warminster, PA looses all their business and has to close. What a bunch of incompetants! They wanted nothing to o with helping me. I asked them to do a nation wide search for my car so that I could deal with the other dealership myself no matter where in the country they were and they would not do it.

I am just happy to have the vehicle in my driveway. Unbelievable. That is all I can say. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Hey congrats, I am glad you changed your mind about not buying a buick. It is a great car as you found out on the way home. Your first dealer was just a pain in the butt. Too bad you waited so long to get the shaft like that. I have a WDT as well although I have the ebony. I wanted cashmere as well, but my SO talked me into the ebony which I now love, but the cashmere is great. At least if you got AWD you had a chance to burn up some of those first 500 miles of **** on your way home ;D Congrats again, hopefully only good things will happen from now on.

·
Registered
333 Posts
do you mind naming the dealer in warminster, I'm due to order in that area on Monday.
thanks!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
WarringtonClave said:
I am just happy to have the vehicle in my driveway. Unbelievable. That is all I can say. :thumb:
Congratulations WarringtonClave! That first dealer was stupid. Lost a good customer, and maybe more. So put his name out so no one here gives him the time of day. Good for you taking it into your own hands to get your baby! Have fun driving your Enclave! [/color] :welcome:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dealership that screwed me and wouldn't bother helping me after the fact was O'Neil Buick & GMC in Warminster, PA 18974. I will never step on their lot again nor will anyone I know or asks for my opinion. Fred Beans in Doylestown was more than willing to help me get the Enclave in NY but the NY dealer didn't want to trade.

·
Registered
329 Posts
:welcome: Glad that you finally got your Enclave and are happy with it - that's a long wait to have such an uncalled for disruption.

But seriously, now I am worried about mine - it is scheduled to be built on 11/11 - with the luxury package, but here's the thing - I don't think that the dealer did it as a presold. How do I find that out? I'm only assuming that because he wouldn't take a deposit....... :help:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
debywebbi said:
:welcome: Glad that you finally got your Enclave and are happy with it - that's a long wait to have such an uncalled for disruption.

But seriously, now I am worried about mine - it is scheduled to be built on 11/11 - with the luxury package, but here's the thing - I don't think that the dealer did it as a presold. How do I find that out? I'm only assuming that because he wouldn't take a deposit....... :help:
You should be able to call the dealer, if your order is a status or code 1, I believe that means it is put in as a pre-sold order. I am almost 100% sure of that. If I am wrong someone is sure to correct me, but I am pretty sure. Good luck.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks bsox - have the husband checking on it as we speak. If I have the luxury package ordered - is it true that they aren't building them for at least a month?

·
Registered
329 Posts
It says "SRE retail sold" priority 1. What does that men?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
debywebbi said:
Thanks bsox - have the husband checking on it as we speak. If I have the luxury package ordered - is it true that they aren't building them for at least a month?
thats what I have read on this forum, but that kind of info seems to sort of unreliable. I got the luxury on mine, WDT, and heard that it would be delayed because of both of those, but I seemed to have gotten it in the same about of time as others did who ordered about the same time. There apparently were issues with part suppliers etc., but if they took your order, they will fill it, I am sure of that. It is worth the wait, I waited 14 weeks and about the time I thought my head would explode, I got "the call". Smiled when I saw it and all the way home. Smiled more when the first words out of my SO (sig. other) when she saw it in ebony for the first time were "this car is hot, definitely going to have to have _ _ _ in the back of this. Of course still waiting on that, but I am pretty sure I will smile again at that time :thumb:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
debywebbi said:
It says "SRE retail sold" proirity 1. What does that men?
Priority 1 means it was entered as pre-sold, just what you want! :thumb: (couldn't remember if it was code or status, or obviously now, priority)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts