EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that, while the monthly "Page Views" have remained robust this year, The number of new memberships per month has remained noticeably lower than historical figures. I suspect that this stat will rise substantially with he introduction of Enclave 2.0. ;)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
We need a marketing director or promotional campaign that gets the word out to people who purchase a new Enclave to give this forum a try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am going to jump in here with my thoughts. I just purchased my first Enclave in Mid December. I first joined this site to check for common problems before I purchased one. Until I purchased one I did not have a reason to post anything obviously.

I have been an active member of other Forums starting with my 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII. This was some 15 years long before every vehicle had a forum like this. I am a member of Honda insight central, Jaguar Forum Honda GL1800 Goldwing, an F150 and a Dodge Ram Forum. The later two I have never posted in.

I recently posted my first post here to sell a DVD update disc I just bought to update my new to me 2008 Enclave. Almost immediately I was jumped being accused by two separate members that I have done something wrong. One of them Cfedor from this thread. Then lastly one accusing me of being a scammer.

Well I can say this is the rudest response I have gotten from any forum I have ever been a member of. And so you have to ask yourself why would anyone looking to sign up as a new member want to?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I read that post about the Navigation disc you have for sale. You stated in it that the company had sent you two discs instead of one, and the one for sale was the extra one.

I ordered one from the official website gmnavdisc.navigation.com and they ended up sending me two.

I can see why people questioned your honesty or integrity. No where did you say the company said keep the extra one, or that you had even contacted the company about their error. So it appears you took advantage of the error and wish to profit from it. You are the one who posted on a public forum and are now presented to some who read the forum as someone who may not have high moral standards based on your own comments. Your reply this morning to those who commented about your for sale post around 6:40 AM

Well since I just bought my Enclave and joined this forum why would I have more posts. I have been a member of many other forums for vehicles I own. I was a member of Jaguar Forum and sold many things there, I am a member of GL1800 Goldwing Forum and have been for years and have sold many things there. Feel free to do a google search for my username Kccode1 which I use for all forums I am a member of. You well see I am a member of many.

I am a verified Paypal member which would be the preferable method of payment and if you knew anything about paypal your money is guaranteed and you would be refunded if I ripped you off. And that was the purpose for posting my ebay user name. You view my feedback there.

Thanks for supporting a new member though.

You finally posted about an hour later that you did contact the company and they said to keep the disc. Sure would have given your original post a lot more credibility IMHO if you had said that in your first post, or even with your next reply. Instead it wasn't said until almost like an afterthought this morning, one hour after your other post.

You are quick to assume I didn't. I did. They advised not to worry about it because it was not worth it for them to ship it back.

I agree with the original members and their comments regarding the first post you had made, based on the information you had given. :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I have a life and don't set on these forums and reply right away. So again I can see that the majority of those on this forum are less than friendly.

I didn't feel the need to include every intricate detail of my personal transactions. I have a new real disc for sale that I thought someone would want a good deal an I could make some money back.

I posted in no particular order because I had some free time at work. I can see now what a group of people are active on this forum.

·
Registered
657 Posts
kccode1 said:
Well I have a life and don't set on these forums and reply right away. So again I can see that the majority of those on this forum are less than friendly.

I didn't feel the need to include every intricate detail of my personal transactions. I have a new real disc for sale that I thought someone would want a good deal an I could make some money back.

I posted in no particular order because I had some free time at work. I can see now what a group of people are active on this forum.
You are certainly very special than other members. Do you mind posting the original e-mail or letter from the company stating that you can keep the DVD? So that the members of this forum could swallow their words.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, not special, just never had such a cold reception from a forum.

And I would love to post an email or letter but I called them on the phone. That's how I do most of my business when ordering things. Again I'm not sure what real difference it makes. There's not any way I know of I could have stolen it unless I drove to the warehouse and broke in.

The point is it seems some of the members here are just down right rude to a new member that just happened to want to sell something as his first post.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
kccode1 said:
I am going to jump in here with my thoughts. I just purchased my first Enclave in Mid December. I first joined this site to check for common problems before I purchased one. Until I purchased one I did not have a reason to post anything obviously.

I have been an active member of other Forums starting with my 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII. This was some 15 years long before every vehicle had a forum like this. I am a member of Honda insight central, Jaguar Forum Honda GL1800 Goldwing, an F150 and a Dodge Ram Forum. The later two I have never posted in.

I recently posted my first post here to sell a DVD update disc I just bought to update my new to me 2008 Enclave. Almost immediately I was jumped being accused by two separate members that I have done something wrong. One of them Cfedor from this thread. Then lastly one accusing me of being a scammer.

Well I can say this is the rudest response I have gotten from any forum I have ever been a member of. And so you have to ask yourself why would anyone looking to sign up as a new member want to?
Lol I have been on the Nissan forum for over 16 yrs. there are rude people everywhere, you have to remember there's a bit of anonymity behind a keyboard. When I said there were exposed colored wires on my rear view, and that it must be normal because 3 brand new Enclaves were the same at the dealer, this guy here told me that it isn't the case, in my car. He posted a pic of his mirror stating there were no wires, and conveniently, the pic was taken at the wrong angle. Now why would that person have gone to such great lengths, to try to show somebody else is incorrect? As if anyone here really cares and you win a prize.

The other thing is the other car forums are comprised of enthusiasts (BMW, Nissan), I wouldn't say it's the same with Buick.

I woulda say put rude people on your ignore list, and be sure to remember to stay logged in. Sure, it may take a while to enter in 25 screen names, but it's worth it. :binky:

·
Registered
6 Posts
john 070 said:
I woulda say put rude people on your ignore list, and be sure to remember to stay logged in. Sure, it may take a while to enter in 25 screen names, but it's worth it. :binky:
You know I was just noticing the ignore feature and saw that one of the replies to my post was ignored by 22 people and all but one had at least 4 people ignoring them. Crazy that you get on a forum to help others with issues and you get 22 people that want to ignore you. The Jaguar forum that I am on has just the oppisite. You can give thanks to members. Funny I have 9 thanks there from 8 posts.

Oh well.

·
Registered
657 Posts
kccode1 said:
No, not special, just never had such a cold reception from a forum.

And I would love to post an email or letter but I called them on the phone. That's how I do most of my business when ordering things. Again I'm not sure what real difference it makes. There's not any way I know of I could have stolen it unless I drove to the warehouse and broke in.

The point is it seems some of the members here are just down right rude to a new member that just happened to want to sell something as his first post.
Please listen to yourself, if you would and I am not being rude but just reasoning.
1. You are in many forums which is not a red flag, but you are selling items on all forums.
2. You are trying to sell something which is a DVD you says you got extra- which usually never happens to many members
3. You never participated in any other discussions and no body knows you from the forum.
So even if you are right, in this circumstances people will automatically think that you are trying to sell something which is not exactly you doesn't own, but you are just a keeper. If you bought it you can sell it, especially a navigation software, which immediately trigger a flag with onstar. In this techno age- even websites are tracking your ip address, location, what time you logged in, logged out- all kind of your digital finger prints. So why would somebody might take a risk of buying something which may be or may be not a legal purchase. Also I don't know this particular DVD comes under piracy law- in that case it is a big trouble.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From my experience, this forum has one of the friendliest bunch of members. I wish that the same could be said of the Subaru forums that I've checked out over the years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
From my experience, this forum has one of the friendliest bunch of members. I wish that the same could be said of the Subaru forums that I've checked out over the years.
I hope you are right.

Question As a mod I would ask why you would keep members that have been ignored by 22 other members? I am all for freedom of speech and that everyone has an opinion but I can't recall any other forum having an ignore member button and I know I have never needed one.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
kccode1 said:
I hope you are right.

Question As a mod I would ask why you would keep members that have been ignored by 22 other members? I am all for freedom of speech and that everyone has an opinion but I can't recall any other forum having an ignore member button and I know I have never needed one.
:happy: :happy: :happy: There are 35912 members. So what percentage of that is 22 members???

Oh and I have 22 members ignoring me so perhaps you should reconsider your comment. I consider those who ignore me, missing out on some interesting and informational posts. But then again, that is just my own personal opinion. ;D

·
Registered
657 Posts
>:D
Sailfish said:
:happy: :happy: :happy: There are 35912 members. So what percentage of that is 22 members???

Oh and I have 22 members ignoring me so perhaps you should reconsider your comment. I consider those who ignore me, missing out on some interesting and informational posts. But then again, that is just my own personal opinion. ;D
Really!! I thought you were popular!!! I am the one posting some of the harshest observations, yet I got only 4 people ignoring me. ;D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Paul2010 said:
>:DReally!! I thought you were popular!!! I am the one posting some of the harshest observations, yet I got only 4 people ignoring me. ;D
Hey, your posts are that bad. Mine, kind of bland if you ask me. BUT guess to each their own, what they like and what they don't. I just chuckle and wonder when I will ramp up one more. Hummmm...maybe I need to check. ;) ;D

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I saw a guy trying to sell weathertech mats. Nobody responded, and he bumped it several times. He said something like surely someone wants to buy the mat.

This to me implied there are only a limited number of people who regularly are on this forum, and of course those folks are all set with mats.

To contrast, right now, on the BMW forum, there are 6,300 people online. The forum is incredibly helpful, faced with a $3k dealer repair? Here's a way to do it for $300 if you diy. Faced with a $800 dealer repair? Here's an indy that does it for $230. That kind of help is impossible on this forum, too small, and there aren't Enclave indy shops.

Here's a copy paste from the BMW forum

Currently Active Users: 6324 (967 members and 5357 guests)

Threads: 1,094,519, Posts: 18,314,350, Members: 254,678

Now if I said something on that forum and people jumped on my back, I would be upset. Here, who cares if 22 people are "angry." :beer:

edit: The Nissan forum is just as helpful. I needed a $1,700? repair due to rust, a forum member did it for me for $130 in his parents' garage in Parsippany. This is a real benefit from being on the forum, that helps the wallet.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kccode1 said:
I hope you are right.

Most of the members with higher "ignore" counts are high input members with something to contribute. Unfortunately, not everyone appreciates everything that they're contributing and choose to ignore them, but then miss out on their many knowledgeable and helpful posts.

Of course, there are some members whose goals seem to be to incite rather than to provide insight. Consequently, there have been a few truly obnoxious trolls over the years that have been banned from this forum. Luckily, they have been very few and far between.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I absolutely agree. As I have stated before, it likely has something to do with most Enclave drivers being more "seasoned" than those on a lot of the other forums.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
john 070 said:
To contrast, right now, on the BMW forum, there are 6,300 people online. The forum is incredibly helpful, faced with a $3k dealer repair? Here's a way to do it for $300 if you diy. Faced with a $800 dealer repair? Here's an indy that does it for $230. That kind of help is impossible on this forum, too small, and there aren't Enclave indy shops.

Here's a copy paste from the BMW forum

Currently Active Users: 6324 (967 members and 5357 guests)

Threads: 1,094,519, Posts: 18,314,350, Members: 254,678

Now if I said something on that forum and people jumped on my back, I would be upset. Here, who cares if 22 people are "angry." :beer:

edit: The Nissan forum is just as helpful. I needed a $1,700? repair due to rust, a forum member did it for me for $130 in his parents' garage in Parsippany. This is a real benefit from being on the forum, that helps the wallet.
I have to disagree that this forum is not helpful, John. There are several members here who are very helpful with DIY tips and posting information about TSB's and recalls. I'm sure part of the reason is that most people who buy an Enclave don't tend to be "car" people and are for the most part a little older and thus are not necessarily prone to trying to DIY; they would rather just pay to have their issue fixed. The audience is definitely smaller than the BMW forums; the BMW forums are large enough that you have a mix of DIY'ers and more affluent people who either lease or just pay to have their issues fixed.

·
Registered
657 Posts
BadAV said:
I have to disagree that this forum is not helpful, John. There are several members here who are very helpful with DIY tips and posting information about TSB's and recalls. I'm sure part of the reason is that most people who buy an Enclave don't tend to be "car" people and are for the most part a little older and thus are not necessarily prone to trying to DIY; they would rather just pay to have their issue fixed. The audience is definitely smaller than the BMW forums; the BMW forums are large enough that you have a mix of DIY'ers and more affluent people who either lease or just pay to have their issues fixed.
You are right. The enclave is more like a poor man's luxury vehicles. So here seems to be more seasoned members who could have bought a BMW or MERC than a affluent BMW or wannabe affluent pretentious BMW forum. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts