EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Snickering.....dipshits Father, otherwise known as my brother. Oh and the "questionable person" on the back...one of the assholes.....a blond empty headed "bitch twitch". ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
AND STILL LAUGHING....although helped along by some vodka/tonic's at my BFF's restaurant. Yep...they drove me home tonight...rather he drove me in my Enclave and she followed behind in her Infinity. BESTEST friends ever!!!! :happy: :cheers: :beer: :drunk:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
One amazing, interesting and STILL laughable week I have had.

You betcha I am STILL LAUGHING, a big laugh, not one of those little snickers I so enjoy doing!!!!

You betcha I have ZERO headache this morning! Amazing....simply amazing considering how good my BFF makes my vodka/tonic.

;D :happy: :angel:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I told my husband today after he came home about the Probate Court fiasco and my nephew little dipshit being there. Husband just shook his head and said...did he really think he would get any money?

Both of us laughed and laughed and laughed. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
GoldEnclave said:
You should have flicked a penny off your thumb toward your nephew at court. ;)
LOL I still have a chance next month to do this. Although....perhaps flipping the penny using my middle finger instead. ;D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
DONE!!!! It is finished, okay except for writing the last three checks.

To me, my attorney and the last to the state.

WOOHOO...one year and one month and four days since Mother passed away.

Still miss her a whole lot.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Memories are rolling over me today. Not just because tomorrow is Christmas. Because today is my Mother's birthday. She would have been 96 years "young" today. I still miss her tremendously.

Happy Birthday Mother!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
GoldEnclave said:
Too bad she didn't get the chance to see your renovation.
She would have loved it. We talked about the kitchen many times when she was over during holidays and watching all the commotion in the small galley kitchen.

Yes she would love cooking in it. My husband and I were just talking about this over Thanksgiving while I was preparing dinner.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
:'( Just received word that a sister of my Father's passed away early this morning. That leaves one Brother of Father's left.

There are no Aunts/Uncles on my Mother's side remaining so I am considered one of the "elders" of her side of the family.

As for my Father's side, my Uncle is not in good health and his son and daughter have decided to not tell him the news, not yet that is. They didn't let him know about my Mother's passing. He found out when he called a month after my Mother passed that his sister-in-law was no longer with us.

It is tough realizing that your relatives are aging....which means that...**** so am I.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
My husband will be traveling to Philadelphia Thursday night. His Aunt Vicki passed away Monday. She was the last Aunt left on his Mother's side. Aunt Vicki's husband had passed a few years back.

I cannot make the trip as I am unable to get our Shelties into a kennel on such short notice.

I was remembering last night, after we received the call from my husband's brother, the time they drove out to attend our wedding. What fun we had with them staying with us for two days before the wedding and not leaving until a couple days after. LOL we had a full house, 3 (out of 4) of my husband's brothers were here, one with his wife and son and another with his wife and son and daughter and one on his own. His oldest Brother Bill couldn't make the trip from California. All three of the extra bedroom's were filled up and the children sacked out on the floor in the family room. His brother from Seattle crashed on the sofa downstairs in the rec room.

I need to dig out the photos from our wedding.....besides his Aunt and Uncle being gone, two of my husband's older Brothers are also gone. There remains one in Seattle and one in Philadelphia.

Memories....lots of fond memories when we would travel back to Philadelphia and visit his family during holidays. Along with painful memories of traveling back for funerals.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
A couple weeks ago I drove through my home town after leaving my Doctor's. I drove past the home I grew up in and was surprised, they had totally replaced my Father's workshop with a new structure. Part of the building was an old stone structure which is still standing.

I also noticed that they had it up for sale. I just took a peek at the realtors ad and there are photos of the inside as it looks how. They have completely remodeled each of the 2 bathrooms. Installed tile countertops replacing the laminate ones which Father had installed when he added on the kitchen back in the late 50's. New windows in the kitchen, they did need replacing. New paint other things. Oh and my Mother's beauty shop, they installed a closet and turned it into another bedroom. New furnace and central air, never had central air just window units.

AND they are asking 94,747, a lot more than what they paid but, well worth it considering what they have done to the house.

It kind of makes me sad, yet, at least I am able to peek inside, without actually going inside.

AND the hardwood flooring my Father installed....still beautiful even after all of these years.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/19-Smith-St_West-Alexandria_OH_45381_M30374-73769?row=27&ex=OH575874349

OH and those kitchen cabinets.....hand made by my Father and STILL holding up perfectly. Can't find cabinets today which will last that long.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
GoldEnclave said:
That house has a fairly large and somewhat modern looking kitchen layout.
It is large and lots of counter space. Doesn't look too bad for being built onto the original home back in mid/late 50's.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts
About this Discussion
148 Replies
12 Participants
sailfish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing