EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Well my husband has been diagnosed with Interstitial cystitis. Its a bladder problem which will be an issue for the rest of his life.

The bladder is inflamed and the only treatment is to change his diet, as if we haven't already with his diabetes.

EXCEPT this time, these items will irritate it and need to be eliminated: carbonated beverages, caffeine in all forms (including chocolate), citrus products and food containing high concentrations of vitamin C. Consider avoiding similar foods, such as tomatoes, pickled foods, alcohol and spices.
Artificial sweeteners may aggravate symptoms in some people.

A bland diet.....and that is something he isn't happy about but, we can deal with it....just take it a day at a time.

After all, we dealt with the diagnosis of his aortic aneurysm a few years back, keeping a watchful eye with visits to the cardiologist.

His heart attack, stint inserted....his heart is doing great. The visit to the cardiologist on the 21st EKG and other tests, looking good.

His diabetes, reared it's ugly head last year....we are dealing with it. Still able to keep it under control with 2 pills, no insulin so far.

This, just another bump in the road. Something that he and I will deal with, one day at a time.

Guess I am into meal planning mode again....with some additional twists.

AND he made a point to tell me that "pay back is ****", because of this photograph.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Sorry to have read this Sailfish. Prayers going up for you both.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
with the recent trip to see grandma..
same thing--- modified diet.

like no spinach, lower protein, and tons of other stuff.

Though they said Coffee was ok... (very light in color---- i.e watered down).

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
with the recent trip to see grandma..
same thing--- modified diet.

like no spinach, lower protein, and tons of other stuff.

Though they said Coffee was ok... (very light in color---- i.e watered down).
Did you get hacked, rbarrios?

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Happy birthday Mother!!!!! On this day in 1918 you were born.

Your parents lived in a farmhouse north of Eaton, Ohio. There was no running water inside your home, and still wasn't up until time the farm sold in the 1990's.

Your Mother passed away, **** cancer, when you were only 7 years old. Your Father struggled for years afterwards. Turning to drinking heavily and eventually, almost losing the farm. His Brother took over the farm, so to keep it within the Sullivan family.

One of your Aunt's would come over from Dayton weekly to take care of you and your sister, Helen.

I especially remember a story you told, confirmed by Aunt Helen. One time your Aunt was cleaning in an upstairs bedroom, it was empty of furniture at that time. You had found a loud firecracker, probably what we referred to as a cherry bomb in our youth. You lite it and threw it in the room...

LOL....and Mother, you wondered why Tommy and I liked playing pranks on each other. It's in our DNA...
I guess Grandfather Sullivan expressed outrage over what you did, all the while doing his best to suppress laughter, according to Aunt Helen that is.

Its those few memories of your youth I cherish, along with all the fun, and not so much fun, memories of you.

The photo of us as a family, taken in the early 80's, before I moved to Nashville, TN. The photo of the home you grew up in, and you were born in that front bedroom upstairs facing the road. Then the photo of the last Christmas dinner at your home, as a family the last time.

Memories to last a lifetime, and more.

Hey Mother, has Jake found you yet? He enjoyed having you over visiting, he would sit by your feet when you would sit in the family room watching television with us. I bet he has and please Mother, take care of him until we are together once again.

Happy Birthday..........................

Attachments

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Lovely, teary, story! Merry Christmas, Sailfish!! :crying:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Fond memories of family and friends always make me smile. I bet that I will find myself daydreaming more and more about friends and family memories once I'm retired and have more free time (hopefully) on my hands. :)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
My husband is from Philadelphia AND a rabid Eagles fan. He and I have had a bet going for years that which ever of our teams, mine of course are Reds/Bengals, the other buys them a leather jacket with the winning insignia on the back.

I already bought him one for when the Phillies won the World Series.

NOW I am on the hook for a new leather Eagles jacket.

AND I found one on the Eagles web site....and it's on order. Anticipate delivery date...WAIT...WHAT? April 17! LOL I am pretty sure he will find a way to wear the jacket.

I am such a good wife. :grin:

Attachments

141 - 149 of 149 Posts
About this Discussion
148 Replies
12 Participants
sailfish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing