·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ordered an Enclave in February tell us about it here. :cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered my CXL WDT AWD on February 7th. Have been given a production date of March 6th. Hoping for delivery sometime in May. This Forum helped in a big way in making my final decision. Thanks to all of you for your informative posts.

Bearclave from Montana

·
Registered
47 Posts
We ordered our WDT CX AWD with Driver Confidence Pkg on February 23rd. I haven't bothered the dealer to see if/when we get a production date. Based on everything that I've read here, I am expecting a late April or mid May delivery date. The order time wasn't a big deal for us as we wanted some additional time to pay down our 2004 Ford Freestar that we are trading in. The dealer was great with the trade and gave us a great deal even knowing that they wouldn't be getting the trade for 2 or 3 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered mine 2/15/08. A valentine's gift from hubby ;)
Still nothing. I was the one that told the dealer that it would be a long wait because of everything I had read here. We tried to work with a local dealer when I thought I wanted an Acadia but that was a joke. (Dealer, not the car) My husband mentioned to his brother that lives in Houston how noisey he felt sitting in the back was. His bro told him for us to look at the Enclave instead because of the noise reduction stuff that was done to it. Plus he said I would like it better because it's clasier. Hubby called a dealer in Houston to talk price & the guy said sticker price was it, no haggles. Ticked my old man off! We then called a little country dealership that's close to our camp & was very impressed with the way he conducted his business so we made a deal with him. Now we sit & wait. He called me last week to ask if I didn't want an Acadia instead because hi was alloted one. Nope, has to be the Enclave. CXL ,WDT, Cashmere, 7 passenger, Driver Confidence Package, Luxury Package, Ent Package 4 I can't wait!!!! But then again, I guess I have to ::)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered my CXL FWD Cocoa w/ all options on 2/9/08 and just got word that builiding this week. How long to take delivery after build week?? 2weeks to arrive at dealer is what I have heard. Any comments?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I spoke with my dealer today and he indicated that our Targeted Production Week was March 31st. Given the fact that we ordered our CX Awd WDT on 2/23 I am very pleased. If all goes according to plan we are hoping for a mid to late April delivery ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I oprdered a WDT CXL AWD on February 6th. About two weeks ago I got a call from the dealer informing me that if I wanted a build date in the first week of April I would have to change colors because WDT was "constrained". I switched to Red Jewell to so that I could get the early April build. A little disappointed but I will be happy with red.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ordered a fully loaded (minus towing) Cocoa on Black CXL on Feb 4. Dealer assured me he had allocation and he meremy changed a few items on a car he had in queue. Was given a build date of week of March 17. Spoke to the dealer today and he has confirmation that the car shipped on March 19th. So should be here by the end of this week or April 1. He said usually 10 days. I likely will not pick up until the 2nd week of April as I am making last payment on the vehicle it replaces on March 30.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
sweet it sounds like the orders are going through ALOT faster!!... thats good so hopefully we will be able to get our '09 before the end of summer break.. HOPEFULLY.. cause i want to be able to spend a couple days getting it all polished up with Zaino and clay bar, and not have to worry about school work at same time..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picking up my new Enclave on March 29, exactly 7 weeks after ordering. SO EXCITED. This forum has made me excited to get it. I got it for $1200 under invoice GMS. No haggle, cash, easy easy sale. Tiger Woods called me to let me know what a great vehicle it is!

J/K !

·
Registered
1 Posts
As a newbie, I'd love all the feedback I can get. Ordered CXL AWD Cocoa/Cashmere, sunroof, Entertainment #4, 19" wheels, driver's confidence on Feb 6. On March 26, I called the dealer to tell him I was aware of "horror stories" read on the internet about taking delivery after months instead of weeks. Dealer said my order was "preliminary." That sounds light-years away from "production." It is a rural dealer, so I'm sure the allottments are small for them, but I didn't order the dis-continued white or the lux pkg, so I was hoping for 10-12 weeks. I was originally told 8 weeks, but it's 6 weeks now, and no production in sight. Somebody make me feel better. Pa-lease...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Harriswirl said:
As a newbie, I'd love all the feedback I can get. Ordered CXL AWD Cocoa/Cashmere, sunroof, Entertainment #4, 19" wheels, driver's confidence on Feb 6. On March 26, I called the dealer to tell him I was aware of "horror stories" read on the internet about taking delivery after months instead of weeks. Dealer said my order was "preliminary." That sounds light-years away from "production." It is a rural dealer, so I'm sure the allottments are small for them, but I didn't order the dis-continued white or the lux pkg, so I was hoping for 10-12 weeks. I was originally told 8 weeks, but it's 6 weeks now, and no production in sight. Somebody make me feel better. Pa-lease...
Not really much we can say. You need to have asked if the dealer had an open allocation at the time or order or when their next opening was going to be...otherwise, if they didn't tell you, and have no allocations, it could sit in their system for a long time. Being that it's a small, rural dealer, they very likely didn't have an allocation and if the order is still sitting there--has yet to be picked up. Call and try to find out more specifics as far as an allocation, what stage the order is at, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Feb 4 ordered CXL cocoa on black landed this morning. I am picking it up on Friday. Dealer installing a parrot bluetooth system warranty by GM. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are no camshaft, leak, or other issues.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Petero said:
My Feb 4 ordered CXL cocoa on black landed this morning. I am picking it up on Friday. Dealer installing a parrot bluetooth system warranty by GM. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are no camshaft, leak, or other issues.
Can I ask you how much they are charging for the bluetooth install and also if you looked into Cig Blue also? I'm leaning toward Cig Blue because it's such a clean install.

·
Registered
32 Posts
jr7243 said:
Can I ask you how much they are charging for the bluetooth install and also if you looked into Cig Blue also? I'm leaning toward Cig Blue because it's such a clean install.
I am in Canada so I dont think the pricing will be relevant to you cuz everything is a fortune here. However I believe is $600 installed and warrantied by GM. The parrot system is far and away the most widely recognized and used system by installers. The other one I have had mixed success with is the Motorola system which is ok but not as strong.

I liked the cleanliness of the Cig Blue. Have to agree. However, from what I could tell it is short on features compared to the Parrot and I have been unable to find many reviews of the system leading me to believe it is not being widely used by professional installers. Just my opinion, I dont have the facts to back it up to be honest.

In any case, I will certainly report on my Experience with Parrot in Enclave. I am a big user of BT, I have had 8 different headsets and have tried multiple car kits as well as factory BT with Acura which is quite decent. I will be as critical as I can. Look for a report in about weeks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
OK thanks for that. I was on Parrot's website looking for more info, but it wasn't the greatest. I'd love to use the Onstar phone, but let's be real - forwarding my cell # to it everytime I get in the car would become a major pain.

·
Registered
32 Posts
jr7243 said:
OK thanks for that. I was on Parrot's website looking for more info, but it wasn't the greatest. I'd love to use the Onstar phone, but let's be real - forwarding my cell # to it everytime I get in the car would become a major pain.
Actually I thought there website had a ton of info. Did you go to http://www.parrot.com/uk ? If you go there you can actually download the manuals and instruction for the model and learn about every feature they have. The models I would look at are the CK3100 and CK3200.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts