Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject: Enclave Orders with (DK1) Second Row Center Console with Armrest
Message #: BUD20080065

To: Buick Dealers, Sales Managers, and Inventory Control Managers

Date: February 8, 2008

Re: Enclave Orders with (DK1) Second Row Center Console with Armrest

Due to a recently announced cancellation of (DK1) Second Row Center Console for the 2008 model year, you have Enclave orders in your Order Work Bench 'Placed Tab' that require prompt action.

Enclave orders are now in your 'Placed Tab' as a result of either going error pending during the January 31-February 5, 2008, DOSP (if they included DK1) or having been returned from our Production Order Management System (POMS) for removal of (DK1) Second Row Center Console. These actions were taken on all order types, including Sold orders.

Please review your orders and remove (DK1) and complete any other changes by noon on Tuesday, February 12, 2008. The orders will be returned to POMS the evening of February 12th. Any orders remaining at that time with (DK1) will have (DK1) removed and returned to production.

The decision to not offer the Second Row Center Console for the balance of the 2008 model year was made to eliminate any additional delays in producing Enclave orders.[/color]

·
Registered
509 Posts
Fully expected, as after delay upon delay, it would really be unexpected to have just the last month or so of production orders show up with a few.

Now the supply will be built up and ready, and 2009's can start fresh from the start with them. Knock on wood, providing there are no new issues.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Interesting....now if they can finally figure out what they're going to do with the intelligent key fob. ::)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Back in late October when I ordered, my sales manager cited the latest hot sheet saying it would be January before DK1 would be available.

His response to the hot sheet notice was "this is what it looks like when something isn't working out. Usually means it won't be in this model year."

All I asked for was a frickin' rotating chair..
Dr. Evil (he would have loved the super keyfob)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just saw an Enclave commercial that I hadn't seen before. Not sure if it's new or if I'm just now seeing it. In any case, it's where a guy is driving thru a city and the world seems to disappear around him (because the Enclave is so quiet).

What's aggravating is that at one point they show the driver from the front so that you can see the rest of the interior of the car behind him and what do you see in the second row? The elusive 2nd row console. It's starting to border on false advertising. :angryfire:

It's not that I want it anymore-- it's just stupid and annoying to see it being promoted.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
austin71 said:
I just saw an Enclave commercial that I hadn't seen before. Not sure if it's new or if I'm just now seeing it. In any case, it's where a guy is driving thru a city and the world seems to disappear around him (because the Enclave is so quiet).

What's aggravating is that at one point they show the driver from the front so that you can see the rest of the interior of the car behind him and what do you see in the second row? The elusive 2nd row console. It's starting to border on false advertising. :angryfire:

It's not that I want it anymore-- it's just stupid and annoying to see it being promoted.
I just saw the same add, I guess all I can say is they must be planning on 2009 availablity. Understand your point though. I'm also still waiting on the PAL which my salesman told me about in July as well as the two way key fob with the LED screen shown in the original brochure ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts