EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October 9, 2007
I finally got a call yesterday that my Cocoa with Cashmere leather CXL AWD arrived at the dealership. Four months to the day I ordered it! The dealer wanted to re-evaluate my trade in since the quote was 4 months ago, long story short they took $1,000.00 off the original $8,540 trade in for my 2002 Rendezvous CXL AWD. :banghead: I want the car so I have no choice, but GM is to blame and not me for the delay! :angryfire:
I will pick up the car at 10:00 AM on Wednesday 10/10/07. I also took the extended warranty for 6 years 60,000 miles for $1,245.
FYI, all the previous recall and service notes have been addressed at the factory prior to shipping so that is good news for anyone built on 9/17 or later.
Looking forward to a great ride and a great owner experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. :cheers: Four months is a long wait but not as long as some.

Too bad they took advantage of the short supply and put it to you a bit with your trade. But like you said, you wanted the Enclave. Unfortunately we all find ourselves in that situation these days. The dealers have the upper hand until supply catches up with demand, and who knows when that will happen.

One thing I can tell you for sure, you WILL enjoy the ride. The Enclave is a fabulous vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
GChalian said:
October 9, 2007
I finally got a call yesterday that my Cocoa with Cashmere leather CXL AWD arrived at the dealership. Four months to the day I ordered it! The dealer wanted to re-evaluate my trade in since the quote was 4 months ago, long story short they took $1,000.00 off the original $8,540 trade in for my 2002 Rendezvous CXL AWD. :banghead: I want the car so I have no choice, but GM is to blame and not me for the delay! :angryfire:
I will pick up the car at 10:00 AM on Wednesday 10/10/07. I also took the extended warranty for 6 years 60,000 miles for $1,245.
FYI, all the previous recall and service notes have been addressed at the factory prior to shipping so that is good news for anyone built on 9/17 or later.
Looking forward to a great ride and a great owner experience.
I think that is pretty crappy (is that a word?). It is not your fault that it took so long.....They should honor their deal. I know you want the car so if they do make you take their deal, I think you should turn it around and ask them to do something for your wait such as mudflaps, side steps, etc. to make it up to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
bsox said:
I think that is pretty crappy (is that a word?). It is not your fault that it took so long.....They should honor their deal. I know you want the car so if they do make you take their deal, I think you should turn it around and ask them to do something for your wait such as mudflaps, side steps, etc. to make it up to you.
The dealer has no effect on an order taking a long time, and 4 months later, in a different season, a trade definitely continues to devalue. For an '02 Rendezvous, what he did get was still quite good.

Regardless, GREAT news that it's finally here, and now you can finally enjoy it :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
GChalian,

Just curious, how many miles are on your 2002 Rendezvous today, and how many miles did you put on it in the last four months?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
GChalian said:
October 9, 2007
I finally got a call yesterday that my Cocoa with Cashmere leather CXL AWD arrived at the dealership. Four months to the day I ordered it! The dealer wanted to re-evaluate my trade in since the quote was 4 months ago, long story short they took $1,000.00 off the original $8,540 trade in for my 2002 Rendezvous CXL AWD. :banghead: I want the car so I have no choice, but GM is to blame and not me for the delay! :angryfire:
I will pick up the car at 10:00 AM on Wednesday 10/10/07. I also took the extended warranty for 6 years 60,000 miles for $1,245.
FYI, all the previous recall and service notes have been addressed at the factory prior to shipping so that is good news for anyone built on 9/17 or later.

Looking forward to a great ride and a great owner experience.
The same thing started with my Trade In too. I decided to just keep it and now with the New Enclave that I picked up this morning (Thank you very much ) Ha, I'll have 2 new Vehicles. The Trade has only 14,200 miles. (4 Oil changes). Now I'm happy that I kept it.
I ordered May 18th. They offered a price for my Trade. 3 Months later, they started wavering on the Trade price. I picked up my Enclave today and it certainly wasn't my fault that it took so long, but they wanted to offer less on the Trade after several months even tho I only put about (deliberately) 3 or 400 miles on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Again, must be a huge difference with the dealers. I specifically asked my guy what was going to happen with my trade while we waited for the order to come in. He told me right up front he would give me what we agreed on unless I went crazy and put on like 5000 miles. If anyone is trying to tell you that 3-4 months time is enough to devalue your trade, they are full of B.S. When I picked it up, the conquest rebate was there, my trade was the exact amount we agreed on as was the Enclave. Simple, just the way it is suppose to be. We "had a deal" as they say, there was no changing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IDrive,
I had 67,500 miles as of yesterday and in 4 months I put on 2,000 miles.
Some dealers are more professional than others and stand behind their word! Others unfortunately are not and if a $1,000.00 makes his day, god bless...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
GChalian said:
IDrive,
I had 67,500 miles as of yesterday and in 4 months I put on 2,000 miles.
Some dealers are more professional than others and stand behind their word! Others unfortunately are not and if a $1,000.00 makes his day, god bless...
Very generous attitude that you have. A grand over a 5-6 year loan doesn't make much difference. By being so gregarious you have probably prevented the owner of the dealership from having to go to Goodwill to clothe his family, he can go to walmart now ;D....I always get a kick out of when they act like a grand is nothing for you to swallow, but they sure want it badly enough. How can a grand be less important to us than to a large business like a car dealership, shouldn't they be the ones that could absord this.

Not to rub it in, but in my 14 week wait, I put 4000 on mine exactly going from 10,400 to 14, 400, again no questions asked.

Sorry about your experience, I hope you love your Enclave though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I pushed hard on my dealer to honor my trade-in price and he did. He was bucking a little because I had the supplier discount when I bought the Enclave and he cried poor that he made no money on the deal (I don't believe it as I think GM kicks some money back to the dealers on the supplier discount or employee discount deals). Anyway, to be fair, I was actually expecting to get something less on my trade-in even though the delay is not my fault - you are putting an extra 2-3 months mileage and wear and tear on the old car, so you should expect to get some less money on trade. i.e. the wait was a PIA, but you got extra use out of the old car. $1000 seems a little steep, I would think he would knock off $500 or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
GChalian said:
I had 67,500 miles as of yesterday and in 4 months I put on 2,000 miles.
Some dealers are more professional than others and stand behind their word! Others unfortunately are not and if a $1,000.00 makes his day, god bless...
GChalian,
So sorry to hear that the milage was so low, especially in the 4 months that you were waiting. You really made an effort to keep the miles down. We put 2000 miles on our 2002 CXL AWD Rendezvous in the 2 months that we were waiting for delivery of the new car. I did address the wait time and potential decrease in value with increased miles on the Rendezvous to the salesman half way through and he reassured me. They did not change the price on the trade in when I picked up the new car and I got the same price as your trade in with 20,000 more miles on the odometer of our Rendezvous. They sure can get you coming and going. The dealer needs to earn your respect each time you are in there so maybe next time you will have some other options.

I'm sure you are now concentrationg on that sweet new ride you have. Enjoy the Enclave[/color].
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Reality is that the car was probably depreciating between $1,500 and $2,000 per year at this point. I can understand some re-evaluation, but it sounds like they did a bit more than was justified. A $500 change would have been easily justifiable.

I must say this is the first I've heard of this happening, but no doubt it happens often. Thanks for mentioning it.

(How many people with Enclaves on order called their salesperson after reading this thread?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
I am sorry to disagree, but I don't think any re-evaluation is correct. They are in the business, they know the order is going to take time, they evaluate the trade in based on that. No it is not the dealers fault for the length of time it takes to get the car, but it is the dealers business to know this and take this into account when negogiating the trade value. As mentioned a few posts back and reiterated by others, mine was not changed at all and I put 4000 miles on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
My dealer would not give me a firm quote on my trade until my Enclave was scheduled to show up. They ball parked it but that was all they would do at the time of order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
zman said:
My dealer would not give me a firm quote on my trade until my Enclave was scheduled to show up.  They ball parked it but that was all they would do at the time of order.
At least they were honest about that and you knew up front and agreed to it.  Thats better than trying to drop an offer that was apparently agreed upon once the shiny new Enclave is sitting in front of you.  They knew he wouldn't walk away even with a grand less on the trade once he saw it.  I just don't think that was right.  Maybe I just don't have any feelings for the dealers.  How rich are wally mccarthy or Jim lupient do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
bsox said:
How rich are wally mccarthy or Jim lupient do you think?
They probably have more money than I do. :'(

The big guys now are Walser and Luther. They seem to own darn near every dealership. I think Walser has 13 dealerships and Luther has something like 30.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
zman said:
They probably have more money than I do. :'(

The big guys now are Walser and Luther. They seem to own darn near every dealership. I think Walser has 13 dealerships and Luther has something like 30.
I'm going out on a limb, ;D, I bet they have more than both of us put together and 10 times as much as that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
bsox said:
I am sorry to disagree, but I don't think any re-evaluation is correct. They are in the business, they know the order is going to take time, they evaluate the trade in based on that. No it is not the dealers fault for the length of time it takes to get the car, but it is the dealers business to know this and take this into account when negogiating the trade value. As mentioned a few posts back and reiterated by others, mine was not changed at all and I put 4000 miles on it.
Good point.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,166 Posts
This is a thread that I have never seen before. Thanks for bringing it up again, especially because it discusses a topic that I have not noticed in any other thread on this forum.

I agree very strongly with bsox's post in reply # 12. I do miss his insightful and intelligent posts.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top