EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered June 7th, came in August 28th - we barely got it in time for going (from Albany, NY) to the NJ shore for Labor day. The wait really stunk as we wanted this car badly. I had to call all the time to bug the dealer and corporate Buick - if you have your order code (6 digit) and the dealer ID#, you can hit option 2 on the Buick dealer hotline # and they think you are a dealer inquiring about the car and give you more info on build status. Most likely delayed more than normal due to luxury package and chrome wheels and that I ordered it without a dealer allocation. The train ride also took a while - left MI on August 20th and did not get to the dealer until Aug 28th. We love it so far - it is Ming Blue CXL AWD (nice color - very dark - looks black on an overcast day), titanium interior (unfortunately the light color shows the kids dirty feet marks - ebony interior would have been better choice). All options except DVD and trailer package. Love the dual sunroofs, nav system and rear audio for the kids but need to bug the dealer because I never got the headphones that are supposed to come with it. Mileage is 17 average and we do mostly around town driving, so not bad. However, even the first highway trip we could barely get 19/20, but it is new, so maybe it will break in and get better. I get a supplier discount from my company on any GM or Ford car, so it was no haggle - I paid $2600 under sticker price (around $39,900 and sticker was $42,500 or so) - but I ordered it special since we have 3 kids and wanted the middle bench seat and all highly optioned Enclaves we could find also had Captain's chairs, not bench. That was my wife's choice and **** was she right. If we got Captain's chairs in the middle row, we would always have to have the 3rd seat open for the 3rd kid. We can now fold it down to haul stuff and still fit all 3 kids in the middle row.

Everyone that sees it loves the look and is shocked it is a Buick (and shocked that we are relative youngsters driving a Buick - we both just turned 40). Also, Acadia and Outlook are nice, but the Enclave looks so much different and really beautiful - Acadia is very nice but too truck looking for me. I also remind everyone that Buick just tied Lexus for top quality cars in the world on JD Power ratings of 3 year old vehicles (Cadillac #2 and Mercury #3).

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats.....and welcome to the owners club :cheers: (still waiting to be admitted....LOL) What Buick dealer hotline are you talking about? I have the order code and dealer ID#. Is it the same 1-800-4ABUICK customer service number?

·
Registered
317 Posts
ccaats -- try this #: 1-800-521-7300 -- if you have that info, I can pretty well say that you'll get the info you are looking for. The 4abuick # is really the marketing side of things -- the number that I just gave you is for Buick owners/customer relations. They should actually open up a case when you call and give you the info you want -- they did it for me with nothing more than the 6 place VOMS order number.

Let us know how things turn out when you call. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thanks design.....my dealer is sooo slow to give me the info and I hate bugging him. Last update was Friday, and he said system was still showing a build week of 9/24, but as of Friday we were still at 3300. He said that was probably due to the strike, and that I would probably be built this week. I will call and see what I can find out from the Buick line.

·
Registered
317 Posts
ccaats,
I'll just bet your Enclave has already been built and is on its way to you already! Keep the faith. They moved up my Dad's build date (was 10/1, then the strike and it was 10/15, called today and it was at 3300 with a build date of 10/8). Fingers crossed for you! ;D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thanks design.....I am hopeful we will see it in a week or two!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The phone# is 888-414-6322. I actually got this number when I called the Buick 800-521-7300 - they directed me to call the 888 number to get build status. They were very nice and even marked my shipment HOT so it would not sit at the train station waiting for unloading for several days before going to the dealer as happens many times.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congratulations Oldsconv! :cheers:

I'm glad your wait is over, but it was certainly worth it, right? Young or old, how can one not appreciate the beauty, quality and value of this fabulous vehicle.

Enjoy the ride! I sure am. :blob:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
oldsconv,
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
oldsconv said:
Ordered June 7th, came in August 28th - we barely got it in time for going (from Albany, NY) to the NJ shore for Labor day. The wait really stunk as we wanted this car badly. I had to call all the time to bug the dealer and corporate Buick - if you have your order code (6 digit) and the dealer ID#, you can hit option 2 on the Buick dealer hotline # and they think you are a dealer inquiring about the car and give you more info on build status. Most likely delayed more than normal due to luxury package and chrome wheels and that I ordered it without a dealer allocation. The train ride also took a while - left MI on August 20th and did not get to the dealer until Aug 28th. We love it so far - it is Ming Blue CXL AWD (nice color - very dark - looks black on an overcast day), titanium interior (unfortunately the light color shows the kids dirty feet marks - ebony interior would have been better choice). All options except DVD and trailer package. Love the dual sunroofs, nav system and rear audio for the kids but need to bug the dealer because I never got the headphones that are supposed to come with it. Mileage is 17 average and we do mostly around town driving, so not bad. However, even the first highway trip we could barely get 19/20, but it is new, so maybe it will break in and get better. I get a supplier discount from my company on any GM or Ford car, so it was no haggle - I paid $2600 under sticker price (around $39,900 and sticker was $42,500 or so) - but I ordered it special since we have 3 kids and wanted the middle bench seat and all highly optioned Enclaves we could find also had Captain's chairs, not bench. That was my wife's choice and **** was she right. If we got Captain's chairs in the middle row, we would always have to have the 3rd seat open for the 3rd kid. We can now fold it down to haul stuff and still fit all 3 kids in the middle row.

Everyone that sees it loves the look and is shocked it is a Buick (and shocked that we are relative youngsters driving a Buick - we both just turned 40). Also, Acadia and Outlook are nice, but the Enclave looks so much different and really beautiful - Acadia is very nice but too truck looking for me. I also remind everyone that Buick just tied Lexus for top quality cars in the world on JD Power ratings of 3 year old vehicles (Cadillac #2 and Mercury #3).

Best of luck!! :thumb: FYI, my Ent 3 Package ( no dvd movies) did not come w/ headphones either. I don't think they are supposed too!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I think I read that somewhere else on the headphones. The literature says wireless headphones come with Ent 3 and Ent 4 (DVD) and when i called Buick they agreed, but person was probably reading from a script. Somewhere on this site I read where Ent 3 does not come with headphones and the Enclave brochure is a mis-print - should be headphones with Ent 4 only.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just as a point of information...when we got our '05 Terraza, the headphones and remote were deliverd by UPS to the garage next door to the dealer, and we didn't get them for 3 weeks. Anybody next door to your dealer?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Called the dealer hotline and they transferred me back over to the GM/Buick customer service. The girl said she would get the info and call me back, but she actually called my dealer and told him I was logging a complaint against them. She then called me back and told me exactly what the dealer told her to tell me. It kinda pissed me off, because I didn't want my dealer to think I was mad at them. I just thought it would be easier to go through the customer service number to get info without bothering him. Oh well, I got the info AND the sales manager called me directly AND gave me his cell number for the future.

Our baby is BUILT :banana: and at code 3800 with a VIN# but no invoice yet. I kinda feel bad for going "over the head" of my dealer, but I told him I just thought it would be easier to track status directly with customer service without bothering him.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Weird about your experience with the dealer hotline - the main Buick # people I called actually referred me to the dealer hotline and when I called they were very nice. They did say it is normally a dealer phone#, but the main hotline was referring many people there (probably all Enclave waitees) so they could get accurate up to date info on deliveries. You probably had some newbie person reading a script that took your anxiousness in getting your Enclave as a complaint.

·
Registered
184 Posts
oldsconv said:
Yes, I think I read that somewhere else on the headphones. The literature says wireless headphones come with Ent 3 and Ent 4 (DVD) and when i called Buick they agreed, but person was probably reading from a script. Somewhere on this site I read where Ent 3 does not come with headphones and the Enclave brochure is a mis-print - should be headphones with Ent 4 only.
We got entertainment package #2 that is just the DVD. I believe that would come with the headphones.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Basically, if you got the DVD movie screen (in rear) you get headphones, I guess. I have #3 (no DVD movies in rear, so no headphones. :'(

·
Registered
317 Posts
ccaats said:
Oh well, I got the info AND the sales manager called me directly AND gave me his cell number for the future.

Our baby is BUILT :banana: and at code 3800 with a VIN# but no invoice yet. I kinda feel bad for going "over the head" of my dealer, but I told him I just thought it would be easier to track status directly with customer service without bothering him.
ccaats,
Congrats to your Enclave-in-waiting. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long before yours arrives! And don't feel bad about going around the dealer -- you obviously stirred a few feathers but in the end, you got the attention of the sales manager. I'll just bet you're treated with special care when your vehicle arrives at the dealership and you go to pick it up. Don't lose your head -- make sure you check out the suggestions about bringing a checklist with you (there's another thread on the forum where I've tried to list everything I could think of and others have added to it). Take a deep breath, take your time and enjoy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts