EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lurked in this amazing forum for well over a year and slowly picked up sufficient info to be convinced to pull the trigger now. 2009 prices are very attractive and from what I have learned on this forum, 2010 incentives may well be diminished. I am seeking input from fellow Canucks in the Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal areas re best price experience. My local dealer is offering sticker less $8000 for a CXL mid-load. I am thinking that $10K is really available if I push hard enough. Advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vmtls,

Thanks for that link - it was VERY helpful and it seems like the thread participants are having way too much fun - I need in! :happy: I read the complete thread and most of the asociated links.

I'm in the Ottawa area and my local dealer can't find or can't obtain a vehicle close to what I want. Apparently some other Buick dealers will not trade or sell an Enclave because of strong demand. I looked at the available vehicles on the dealer search tool and there is not much left for the 2009 model. Additionally, all the Enclaves my dealer found left me with additional options and colours that I don't want. My ideal Enclave is: Silver Green/Cashmere, CXL, FWD, Sunroof, chrome wheels, steerable lights, trailering package, rear floor console. I have the steerable headlights on a leased 2007 Volvo XC-90 and they are amazing when driving on dark secondary roads but of no additional value in the city and 3 digit highways.

I can't find any info on 2010 supply to Canada although from what we see on this forum, folks in the US are already receiving 2010s. Dealer says he has no info when 2010 will be orderable but he may be playing that card because they want to sell off the remaining 09s. As it sits today, I will wait for a 2010 order and risk the additional cost. There is an approximate $4000 saving by not accepting options I don't want on a 2009 versus a custom order 2010. That the rationalization I need to deal with the disappointment of not getting an 09!

Cheers eh! :beer:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Vanguard said:
vmtls,

Thanks for that link - it was VERY helpful and it seems like the thread participants are having way too much fun - I need in! :happy: I read the complete thread and most of the asociated links.

I'm in the Ottawa area and my local dealer can't find or can't obtain a vehicle close to what I want. Apparently some other Buick dealers will not trade or sell an Enclave because of strong demand. I looked at the available vehicles on the dealer search tool and there is not much left for the 2009 model. Additionally, all the Enclaves my dealer found left me with additional options and colours that I don't want. My ideal Enclave is: Silver Green/Cashmere, CXL, FWD, Sunroof, chrome wheels, steerable lights, trailering package, rear floor console. I have the steerable headlights on a leased 2007 Volvo XC-90 and they are amazing when driving on dark secondary roads but of no additional value in the city and 3 digit highways.

I can't find any info on 2010 supply to Canada although from what we see on this forum, folks in the US are already receiving 2010s. Dealer says he has no info when 2010 will be orderable but he may be playing that card because they want to sell off the remaining 09s. As it sits today, I will wait for a 2010 order and risk the additional cost. There is an approximate $4000 saving by not accepting options I don't want on a 2009 versus a custom order 2010. That the rationalization I need to deal with the disappointment of not getting an 09!

Cheers eh! :beer:
I too don't like paying for the options that I don't want just because I could buy a vehicle off the lot. Ours is very similar to what you are looking for except we have nav (Ent Pkg 3) & heated/cooled seats but no chromes and trailering. Almost every in-stock that at least came close were AWDs so I had to custom order.

Don't think you will be disappointed getting a 2010. From What I've read they are essentially the identical vehicle mechanics with slight difference in features - no big deal. I am sure you have read these threads about 2010: Any news on 2010 model? and 2009 vs. 2010 Enclave. Apparently the rear sunshade is manual in '10 but adds a USB port in the console (where there was an extra 12V power outlet in '08). I too would wait a bit to order a '10 so that you may get better incentives. Also, right now there is no pricing info available for '10s on CastCostCanada. In any case, at some point if you would like to talk to the sales manager at my dealer pls PM me. As I mentioned in the other thread he was pleasure to deal with both in terms of price as well as service and professionalism.

:beer: :cheers:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's official, we are waiting for the 2010 and waiting for post introduction incentives. So probably around the holidays if the December discount tradition holds true to form at GM.

I don't mind picking up a vehicle in the GTA if a better deal makes it worthwhile. I work at Queen's Park 5/6 times a year for a week each time. I have a trip booked for December and could take one way VIA and drive a new Clave back. That would be a nice self-gifted Christmas present!

How do you like the cooled seats? I read on a thread several months ago that the cooled seats were harder/firmer than the heated only version. The heated leather seats on my 05 Redezvous are among the most comfortable of any vehicle I have owned - even better for long trips than my 07 Volvo XC-90. In fact it will be the the Volvo that gets the boot in favour of the Enclave.

Cheers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Vanguard said:
It's official, we are waiting for the 2010 and waiting for post introduction incentives. So probably around the holidays if the December discount tradition holds true to form at GM.

I don't mind picking up a vehicle in the GTA if a better deal makes it worthwhile. I work at Queen's Park 5/6 times a year for a week each time. I have a trip booked for December and could take one way VIA and drive a new Clave back. That would be a nice self-gifted Christmas present!

How do you like the cooled seats? I read on a thread several months ago that the cooled seats were harder/firmer than the heated only version. The heated leather seats on my 05 Redezvous are among the most comfortable of any vehicle I have owned - even better for long trips than my 07 Volvo XC-90. In fact it will be the the Volvo that gets the boot in favour of the Enclave.

Cheers.
Good move. Come holiday season you should get some good incentives. I ordered mine in mid-Nov '08 and got extra $1,500 off because of "Holiday Cash" promotion.

Re: cooled seats, they are OK but I am not overly impressed considering the mild summer we've had so far. Sometimes you barely feel the cooling even when it is 25-26°C. Wonder what people in southern states have to say about this feature. FWIW, from what I remember GM's own Saab had better heated/cooled seats based on my experience with a friend's 9-5. (I beleive they were the pioneers of this feature which they called ventilated seats). But then again, I don't know if ours has faulty cooled seats. Also, with heated/cooled seats you lose the ability to warm seat back only - no big deal but just in case you didn't know. I don't remember the seats on '08 CXLs I test drove (without cooled seats) being any softer than ours though.

Like you said in the earlier post, steerable headlights are money well spent. Love them :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts