EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted my local Buick dealer and he said that a GM sales representative came in. The dealer asked the GM representative about the console. He said that Buick has scrapped the idea. He said that how the seat folds down does not fit with the console. The dealer asked the representative if the console will be available on the 2009 model. He said that he did not know.
I might just have to order my Buick without the console.

·
Registered
333 Posts
tromvest said:
I contacted my local Buick dealer and he said that a GM sales representative came in. The dealer asked the GM representative about the console. He said that Buick has scrapped the idea. He said that how the seat folds down does not fit with the console. The dealer asked the representative if the console will be available on the 2009 model. He said that he did not know.
check late breaking news here:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=104.0

·
Registered
743 Posts
tromvest said:
I think I wanted the Console as much as anyone on this Forum, but I had to give in. No Console, No Enclave. I opted for the Enclave and very happy I did. Controversy still exist over the Console. I've enjoyed my Enclave over three Months now.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
www.buick.com now allows you to "build it now" with a console.
$250.00 option.
It has been there before, and then removed.
I hope too many people don't need to consoled over the console. ::)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered mine with and wanted it.
Was told not possible back in October.
Ordered it without.
Now that I have it I am glad I do not have the 2nd row console. Would not order it. I like the versatility without it and have a hot/n/cold unit that fits very well. Put it in when I want it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
What hot/cold unit do you have?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think he means those Hot/Cold devices that you can get at Wal-mart or Target or Frys. They fit nicely between the 2 rows and can be used to keep food hot or drinks cold. (Either or, not both at the same time) I gave one to my sister as a christmas gift a few years back.

·
Registered
612 Posts
MRBUICK said:
www.buick.com now allows you to "build it now" with a console.
$250.00 option.
It has been there before, and then removed.
I hope too many people don't need to consoled over the console. ::)
Wow! That third "seating arrangement" option wasn't there a week ago.

Seven Passengers
Second Row captain's chairs with floor console. Third row 60/40 split bench seat (Add $250).
[/color]

Can't wait till someone on this forum goes crazy and tries to install one themselves (with a wire harness to connect, and different seats -- sans inboard armrests, GM won't let it be a dealer installed option)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered the enclave with 2nd row console when was available in Oct on the website. Got my enclave without console and I do not miss it. I was told that they will not have it for a while because when it folds down causes damage to the seats. My dealer told me that they have no idea when it will be available again. I ordered a black and decker 12v cooler just because is black and will match better with my ebony interior.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I too had waited and waited hoping to order the 2nd row console then said to heck with it, I wanted an Enclave NOW!!! and ordered without. Tonight was the first time we have had more than 4 people in the vehicle and we are so glad we don't have the console. Access to 3rd row is just so much easier. The space otherwise occupied by the proposed console now is the home of our Rat Terrier's little bed.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
If they really are going to build vehicles with the console soon, I am anxious to see what owners think of it. I am not sure anything will ever match the build-up this one feature has experienced.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
zman said:
If they really are going to build vehicles with the console soon, I am anxious to see what owners think of it. I am not sure anything will ever match the build-up this one feature has experienced.
Except perhaps the mythical 2-way Intelligent Remote Key Fobs!! ;)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Oh yeah, that. How could I forget that one? If it can tell if the remote start worked or not, I would be interested in the new remote.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts