EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have problems with "fingerprints" that don't come off (at least very easily) on the black window post material? I believe it is from my wife closing door with make-up residue on her fingers. It "goes away" after washing or wiping with a wet rag, but comes back when dry. What would be a "safe" cleaner to use to remove, but not strip the paint/applique? See pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that much, but apparently any amount can really adhere into the black tape material. I will try the WD40, I just didn't want to be the first person to do it and ruin the finish.

Thanks!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ccaats, If you believe it's makeup I would try some of your wife's eye makeup remover and a wash cloth. The remover is usually clear or blue and a liquid. It's gentle enough for eyes so it shouldn't be caustic enough to ruin the finish. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser may also do the trick.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You can also try standard automotive vinyl cleaner. I would recommend using that anyway, as it might make it more stain resistant.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Or, you could install the chrome trim pillar posts like I did and posted pix on this site of them. Then, makeup or anything else would come off easily like wiping down a mirror or glass.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tire gel

It is suggested by one of the folks at CMA to swipe the black pillars and similar areas with the residue of tire gel left on the applicator after cleaning the wheel/tires.[/color]

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ccaats, is that an "easy" button in your cupholder??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts