EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snow storm already blowing through the Idaho panhandle, and I will be picking up my Enclave within the next few days. So, it appears I'll be white knuckled in my first drive home with Halle baby! :help: :help: My husband "offered to drive it for me" and I drive his truck. He's so funny. :tard: The latest report is that my car's on the train in Spokane waiting to be offloaded, then off to Kellogg.

Has anyone had experience driving their Enclave in the snow and/or ice yet? Curious how it does. I've never had an SUV, never had AWD, so this will be a quick learning experience for me!! :confused:

G

·
SNOW, WHAT IS THIS SNOW YOU SPEAK OF ;D :D i have to drive for three hours to even see sleet.

not the enclave but there are some threds on the acadia site, since there the same vehicle when it comes right down to it, that should give you some insite. i have read that there an awsome snow monster, but not sure about black ice, i have read people have been on ice and up to 8 inches of snow and its done very well, post pics of the enclave and your snow, i like snow pics.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks thunder, I'll check out the other site, I keep forgetting about "them." ha ha. I have lots of experience driving in the snow, being a skier and all, plus we love snowmobiling. I have some great pics of snowmobiling maybe I will put in my gallery. Since I don't have enclave pics yet! :angel:

G

·
lol, i love to ski, we go to northern va or west va every year to ski, i wish i had a snow mobile but theres no snow, so i have a water mobile (jet ski) :rofl:

i have snow driving experence and even the best systems can't help a driver 100%, its just good common sense and an easy on peddle and you should be fine.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Snow is not too bad but Ice is a Killer. Slow and Easy, or Chains. Studded Tires helps a lot and are especially good on Black Ice.
I'm not sure but I believe I read that Chains were prohibited on the Enclave.

G

·
rocketman said:
Snow is not too bad but Ice is a Killer. Slow and Easy, or Chains. Studded Tires helps a lot and are especially good on Black Ice.
I'm not sure but I believe I read that Chains were prohibited on the Enclave.

black ice is a killer here, its to warm to snow, so it rains, but at night it gets in the upper 20's so all that rain freezes on the road. what we do is just not drive or if we have to use 4Wd L but since the enclave has no 4wd, i would just shift to L1. to keep it from over speeding.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The Enclave came through wonderfully here today where we got our first snowstorm overnight. Hubby could not get out of the driveway in his Chrysler 300, so I geneously let him take my 'baby'. She did great in 6 inches of unplowed snow and up hills where others were stuck. No worries, Ready, you will be fine!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I read that chains are not advised on the Enclave, I plan to get my tires siped ASAP which will help with traction. I've always had studded tires, but not going to do it this time, I'm going to give year rounds a try.

PS *Enclave* where do you live? I'm sure you said before, are you back east? We're getting snow storms this week, mainly up in the mountains, but I have to go through passes to get my car.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Waiting, I'm in Northern NJ on a (very) small mountain that gets hit hard when it snows. We are getting clobbered and it is not supposed to stop until 4pm. Snow day for the children! :blob:

·
Registered
758 Posts
It helps to have front wheel drive, all season tires, and traction control.

But if you want real traction, you get all wheel drive and dedicated winter tires. The Enclave sizes are not available in dedicated winter tires, but can be approximated with other sizes and perhaps different wheels.

TM

·
Registered
333 Posts
Some snow and freezing rain in Philly today, Enclave did great. I even got to use the heated washer fluid which cleared the icy spots on the windshield in cruise.
The 'Clave was like an ice cube when I got home, including the headlight lenses being completely covered in ice and they were on...maybe heated headlight washers on future models?

Overall, VERY satisfied with the Enclave in the slop!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts