EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took a test drive today. Unfortunately the only Enclave on the lot was a CX. Overall impressions were very positive. The car was extremely quite, but had a little more highway wind noise than I was expecting. Performance was quite impressive for a V6 and handling was good for such a large CUV. I was a little disappointed in the plastic grill and roof rack. I wasn’t expecting that. Driver comfort and layout was excellent and rearview visibility was adequate. Gal showing us the car said that GM is will be offering some sort of add on so that Bluetooth phones will work with the car. That was very positive news, since the lack of Bluetooth was a big negative for me. She did not provide any additional details, but did say it was the number one complaint about the car. Maybe GM is finally wising up. Unfortunately, in the end, the dealer (Northern Cal) said that since the car is so popular that there is a markup on top of the MSRP. They didn’t even try to make a deal. I would have thought GM would have tried to earn my business, since I have never owned an American car. (Not something I’m proud of.) They left a bad taste in my mouth. No way on God green earth I’ll pay MSRP for any vehicle. Anyone know of a dealer in Cali who’ll deal?

G

·
dude, its not gm's fault that the dealer was greedy.

but i think she told you a white lie about the blue tooth kit, yes their out there, but not from gm. there also a bit on the expensive side, both to buy and install.

:welcome: btw. you will find alot of good info on this site.

·
Registered
120 Posts
the price is what the market will bear. Find another dealer, don't blame GM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like you went to a Buick dealer in Folsom Ca. Try Costco auto buying or try looking online and then calling the dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
405 Posts
And if you are going to place an order, not buy off the lot, you can get a good deal. Many are getting $500 over invoice. Call around, especially if you know what you want. Stick with the large Buick dealers as they will typically have more allocations so your wait will be less. And you could alwyas order from the midwest and have it shipped for about $750. And going to a Costco dealer is a good idea, especially if you have a trade. They treat you very fairly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts