EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to change oil this week at 3K miles. I got the oil filter at the dealer since Autozone didn't have it. I also asked the dealer for a washer for the drain bolt but found out I didn't need it because the bolt already has a seal built-in. I decided to use Mobil 1 full synthetic 5W-30. I put in 5 quarts first then let the engine run to normal temp then shut it off and waited 5 minutes to check the level. It was on the second dot (second hole) of the dip stick. I added another .5 quart and did the same procedure again to read the level. It was at the max level. I measured the oil I drained out and it was approximately 5.5 quarts. The rest of the image is in my Album. I tried to post it all here but it was too large.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great info. Thanks for going to all the trouble of posting the pics. You've given me incentive to go ahead and change the oil in the wife's ride this weekend.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I haven't even looked under the engine compartment.

I assume that is impossible to change the oil and filter without putting the Enclave up on ramps.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had the oil changed in the Marco Island, FL Wal-Mart last March with same oil. They had the filter. As a matter of fact I provided the oil as I had originally planned to change it myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts