EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dancing: :woot: :woot:

I talked my wife into letting me take the Enclave on my sales trip tomorrow to see customers (about 400 mi round trip). Woo-Hoo.....it will be the first time I have gotten to really "break her in" on a highway trip and see how she does.......the Enclave that is, not the wife. ;D I will report back how it goes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow pretty decent of your wife to let you tear it away from her!! :rock:

Have a great trip and drive safely!!! Let us know how it goes, and give us a looky-loo tally! ;D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ccaats said:

I talked my wife into letting me take the Enclave on my sales trip tomorrow to see customers (about 400 mi round trip). Woo-Hoo.....it will be the first time I have gotten to really "break her in" on a highway trip and see how she does.......the Enclave that is, not the wife. ;D I will report back how it goes.
Hey CONGRATULATIONS ccaats!! What a fun trip you'll have![/color] :blob:
:love:
I'll wait for the report about breaking in the wife on the highway...a real Ménage à trois with your wife AND the Enclave!! Hee hee, just kidding!! I don't think you're the only guy here having a L♥VE relationship with both of them! [/color] :nono:

G

·
ccaats said:

lol, i take sales trips almost everyday. some 50 mile round trip some 1500 round trips. so i have had about 6 road trips in the inclave in the 3 weeks of owner ship as of yesterday.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I logged a little over 380 miles today. Beautiful sunny morning with temps in the 40s and a beautiful clear sky. When I got to within about 20 miles of my main stop, the clouds started rolling in. It rained cats and dogs while I was shuttling customers to lunch (5 total adults in the Enclave) and they all said it was "roomy and comfy". It rained heavy all the way home and now the baby is thoroughly filthy. :banghead: That red jewel is beautiful clean, but looks like crap when dirty.....lol. The rear end is a vacuum for all the road sludge, MUCH more so than our old minivan. Anyway, got a nice check out in all sorts of road conditions and she is EXCEPTIONALLY stable in heavy winds and rain, almost like it's not even raining at all. The AWD is great when accelerating hard from a stop on a wet road with only a "hint" of front wheel spin for a micro-second before the all wheel drive kicks in. Just what we were looking for with the AWD, glad we got it.

My main observation on the highway is that she LOVES to go fast and rides/drives like a dream when the road is smooth. However, on concrete highway surfaces with expansion joints (which ours are pretty bad in metro Birmingham) the ride can be kind of bouncy and much more pronounced than I thought it would be. I just am not used to the SUV ride as I normally drive a sports sedan, and we had a mini-van before this. I am sure it is still much smoother than most SUVs/CUVs, however I hope GM adds the "magnaride" suspension like on the Cadillac SRX or some sort of "air ride" suspension like on the Yukon Denalis on future models. The seats however are first rate, and my derierre (sp) was nice and comfy for the whole trip! ;D :thumb:

I am more than pleased with the transmission shifting. Even though it seems to downshift almost too early sometimes, I know why and that is to maintan speed as evenly as possible with cruise. On our old mini-van, the speed would drop 3-4 mph BEFORE a downshift, and that was always annoying. The really neat thing is how it almost "senses" the grade of the hill and "holds" the downshift just right until cresting the top before upshifting back to 6th gear. If it is a "slight" grade, it quickly upshifts back to 6th even before cresting the hill. The transmission/cruise computer algorithms are VERY well executed in maintaining speed extremely evenly and that impressed me for such a large vehicle. Also, without looking down at the tach, you hardly even know the downshifting/upshifting is going on, which is a very pleasant improvement from our old ride. This is an EXTREMELY smooth powertrain. :thumb: :thumb: Finally, I have posted my mileage statistics below. Hope you enjoyed my "highway review".

Total miles driven: 382
DIC Fuel Used: 17.6 gal
DIC Fuel Economy: 21.7 mpg
DIC Average Speed: 69.7 mph

Actual fuel used after filling up: 17.3 gal
Actual computed fuel economy: 22.1 mpg

G

·
ccaats said:
Ok, I logged a little over 380 miles today. Beautiful sunny morning with temps in the 40s and a beautiful clear sky. When I got to within about 20 miles of my main stop, the clouds started rolling in. It rained cats and dogs while I was shuttling customers to lunch (5 total adults in the Enclave) and they all said it was "roomy and comfy". It rained heavy all the way home and now the baby is thoroughly filthy. :banghead: That red jewel is beautiful clean, but looks like crap when dirty.....lol. The rear end is a vacuum for all the road sludge, MUCH more so than our old minivan. Anyway, got a nice check out in all sorts of road conditions and she is EXCEPTIONALLY stable in heavy winds and rain, almost like it's not even raining at all. The AWD is great when accelerating hard from a stop on a wet road with only a "hint" of front wheel spin for a micro-second before the all wheel drive kicks in. Just what we were looking for with the AWD, glad we got it.

My main observation on the highway is that she LOVES to go fast and rides/drives like a dream when the road is smooth. However, on concrete highway surfaces with expansion joints (which ours are pretty bad in metro Birmingham) the ride can be kind of bouncy and much more pronounced than I thought it would be. I just am not used to the SUV ride as I normally drive a sports sedan, and we had a mini-van before this. I am sure it is still much smoother than most SUVs/CUVs, however I hope GM adds the "magnaride" suspension like on the Cadillac SRX or some sort of "air ride" suspension like on the Yukon Denalis on future models. The seats however are first rate, and my derierre (sp) was nice and comfy for the whole trip! ;D :thumb:

I am more than pleased with the transmission shifting. Even though it seems to downshift almost too early sometimes, I know why and that is to maintan speed as evenly as possible with cruise. On our old mini-van, the speed would drop 3-4 mph BEFORE a downshift, and that was always annoying. The really neat thing is how it almost "senses" the grade of the hill and "holds" the downshift just right until cresting the top before upshifting back to 6th gear. If it is a "slight" grade, it quickly upshifts back to 6th even before cresting the hill. The transmission/cruise computer algorithms are VERY well executed in maintaining speed extremely evenly and that impressed me for such a large vehicle. Also, without looking down at the tach, you hardly even know the downshifting/upshifting is going on, which is a very pleasant improvement from our old ride. This is an EXTREMELY smooth powertrain. :thumb: :thumb: Finally, I have posted my mileage statistics below. Hope you enjoyed my "highway review".

Total miles driven: 382
DIC Fuel Used: 17.6 gal
DIC Fuel Economy: 21.7 mpg
DIC Average Speed: 69.7 mph

Actual fuel used after filling up: 17.3 gal
Actual computed fuel economy: 22.1 mpg
i have auto ride on my yukon and its not a denali, and the corvette has magna ride i can choose ferm, sport, or touring, i love it. but agree with you that they need somthing like that on the enclave. because my yukon is much smoother. to add any pickup even a denali is not the most smoothest ride in town. in the enclave i love how the awd works but i wish it was RWD AWD, like my denali, that just works better to me. i also like how glued to the road it is. but in wet weather i dont feel as sucure in it as my denali or yukon, probably the 2-3 thousand weight difference and the more powerful v-8.

glad you had a nice trip, for piece and quietness while cruzin the enclave beats any other gm car we own hands down, but in wet weather i feel the bigger the better while i am probably completly wrong, your mind just has that feeling. when traveling i think the enclave is the quietest and peaceful, it just needs more comfort and support in the seats. im 6' 2" so i guess that is why i feel bigger seats like my yukon or denali are better. but overall the enclave is one awsome mechine.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, saw a grand total of ONE Enclave (Cocoa Met) as I crested a hill on the interstate. Didn't have time to give them the Enclave wave as they were going the other direction at 70+. Saw about 4-5 Acadias.

Oh, and I tried "drag racing" a Cayenne from a red light, but the redhead driving would have none of it ;D :eek:hno:

G

·
ccaats said:
By the way, saw a grand total of ONE Enclave (Cocoa Met) as I crested a hill on the interstate. Didn't have time to give them the Enclave wave as they were going the other direction at 70+. Saw about 4-5 Acadias.

Oh, and I tried "drag racing" a Cayenne from a red light, but the redhead driving would have none of it ;D :eek:hno:

dumb redhead. was she really hostle like i should report you to the police for doing illeagle things. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts