EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished our first road trip and put 351 miles on our new Enclave. What a pleasure to drive. I even rode shotgun while the wife drove about 100 miles and I never do that. I have to admit, as painful as the wait was, it was worth it. If I had gone ahead and purchased a Outlook or Acadia, I would have been sick ever time I saw a Enclave. Averaged 22.4 in what was probably 65% highway and 35% city. When I figured it after filling up, I got 22.8, so the DIC number must be pretty accurate. This was on the first tank, so I'm pretty pleased. Our 02 Trailblazer never approached this figure with just highway driving. Everything went flawless. The transmission is different, but I thought that it performed great. It won't beat many in the 1/4, but I found the acceleration very acceptable for something of this size. The only negative I found was from brake dust. The rears were even worse than the front. Anybody else noticed this with theirs? Got a few looks and some rubber neckers. The best thing was that we never saw another one anywhere. Just a few Acadia's. The DIC, Radio & Climate Control were pretty easy to learn how to use. Make sure you sign up with Onstar for you're monthly vehicle diagnostics report and take advantage of the free 30 minutes of free talk time also available through Onstar. These were items that the dealer really didn't go over much with us.

There was one item I thought was kind of strange. In the DIC, there is a time clock. Maybe I'm missing something, but what is it used for? Timing travel time between locations? Just curious, if anybody has a answer.

Happy Enclaving!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow the mileage sounds great! Glad you had a good time. (By the way, what does "DIC" mean? -- I also don't know what "Lambda" stands for, I've seen that term used alot in this forum, I assume it refers to the group of crossover SUVs but I'm just curious what it stands for!) -- Anyway I'm glad you finally got your baby safe and sound and thanks for the encouragement to those of us who are still laying awake at night dreaming of the day our babies come home!! :thumb:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
waitingsince8-10 said:
Wow the mileage sounds great! Glad you had a good time. (By the way, what does "DIC" mean? -- I also don't know what "Lambda" stands for, I've seen that term used alot in this forum, I assume it refers to the group of crossover SUVs but I'm just curious what it stands for!) -- Anyway I'm glad you finally got your baby safe and sound and thanks for the encouragement to those of us who are still laying awake at night dreaming of the day our babies come home!! :thumb:
"Drivers Information Center" (DIC). It has a lot of information about the vehicle, from fuel mileage, to tire pressure, etc... "Lambda" is the name given to the platform (chassis) that it is built on. I believe that it was developed in Europe.

·
Registered
509 Posts
ticner58 said:
"Drivers Information Center" (DIC). It has a lot of information about the vehicle, from fuel mileage, to tire pressure, etc... "Lambda" is the name given to the platform (chassis) that it is built on. I believe that it was developed in Europe.
Right on the DIC, WRONG on the chassis naming. Lambda does refer to the large crossover platform the Acadia, Outlook, and Enclave are built on, BUT the name is purely based on GM's Greek naming system. On the car side, for example, there's Delta, Epsilon, etc., etc. Some of those are used worldwide, but the Lambda is a North American only platform.

Hope that helps, on the second regard--I have been wondering how many "new" people around here everyday were baffled by what Lambda did stand for, etc. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
LOL.... having had a boat, I assumed the timer in the DIC window was like an Hour Meter on a boat . EG....total elapsed time the engine ran! Including idling! I now will try to "reset" it tomorrow to see if maybe it's just a trip timer! very interesting..........

OH .....and GOOD LUCK!!! :thumb:

G

·
well timer is an acual timer, but funny you mention an hour meater because in the dic there is "engine hours" as a section, kinda funny, just like a boat.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
well timer is an acual timer, but funny you mention an hour meater because in the dic there is "engine hours" as a section, kinda funny, just like a boat.

Thx Thunder! That's what I must have seen! So we have both!! Double the pleasure :thumb:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hey Waiting, that was my very first question when I got here, because I kept reading it all over this forum. Below is the link.[/color]

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=591.0

Still not sure why they are called "Lambdas", but these people know alot more about it than I ever will, I think. Although, I can't believe how "Enclave-Savvy" I have become since joining this group in July. Good luck with getting your Enclave soon! :eek: [/color]

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
By the way, Waiting...[/color] :welcome:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ticner, glad to hear you had a nice Saturday drive. Keep smiling and remember to do the "Enclave wave" to all the "gawkers" out there! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
ticner.
I am glad everything went well. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Ticner Congratulations!!!! It finally arrived.

Didn't I tell you, you will forget all the pain as you will drive off of dealer. It is just like delivering a baby, once you have it, you forget all the pain, all the waiting, from that point on is just fun (and some bumps but still enjoyable!), being a man
I can only guess so don't take the pain part seriously ;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
coop said:
Ticner Congratulations!!!! It finally arrived.

being a man I can only guess so don't take the pain part seriously ;)
I'm glad you said that or you'd be in trouble with your wife![/color] :wine:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Rosita
With 3 women in my house, sometimes they inflict pain on me, not that they are moody or anything.
It's time to go to the garage and hide in the Enclave. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
MRBUICK said:
Rosita
With 3 women in my house, sometimes they inflict pain on me, not that they are moody or anything.
It's time to go to the garage and hide in the Enclave. :cheers:
Well then it's a good thing they let you buy an Enclave, to hide in, eh?![/color] :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts