EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird one. I met my wife for lunch yesterday and when she got there she said when she started the Enclave at work the check engine light flashed several times then stopped. No rough idle, no issues she could tell at all. Drove it to lunch and nothing out of the ordinary. After lunch I went out and started it up with no lights or issues. She drove it back to work, then home that night and again no issues. I hooked up my scanner and there are no codes, live, pending or stored. Again today no issues.

Right now I'm hesitantly filing it under, "sometimes computers just mess up" but I've never seen a flashing check engine not be a serious misfire. I've also never seen a flashing check engine not store a code though. She's been married to a car nut long enough that she would have been able to notice and describe a misfire so I believe her when she said it was running smooth.

Only other time I've had a CEL on this car was a bad coil and it did all the things a bad coil would do. Stored a code for the cyl, bad idle, all the power of a 6 cyl car firing on 5 cyl etc.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not. It's never been one to use oil and low oil would trigger the low oil pressure warning if it was really low but I'll check it tonight just to be sure.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Check for the misfire counts within the last 10 drive cycles.
You may find that 1 or several cylinders recorded misfires- to get the light to flash- but not to set a code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts