EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and the only similar problem was focused on the in dash nav system.

Recently we've been getting the problem that the flip down DVD screen goes blank when we start the car and had a movie playing when the car was shut down.

The movie play, we can hear sound, but the screen is blank. To get everything to resolve itself, we need to turn the car off, take the key out, start the car again, and then it works.

Anyone else experiencing this? We dont have in dash NAV, so I dont know if that matters.

Thanks

Lucas

·
Registered
69 Posts
lucasszy said:
I did a search and the only similar problem was focused on the in dash nav system.

Recently we've been getting the problem that the flip down DVD screen goes blank when we start the car and had a movie playing when the car was shut down.

The movie play, we can hear sound, but the screen is blank. To get everything to resolve itself, we need to turn the car off, take the key out, start the car again, and then it works.

Anyone else experiencing this? We dont have in dash NAV, so I dont know if that matters.

Thanks

Lucas
Have you tried turning it back on with the remote? That's what we do. It is also how we switch to AUX mode, so we can play movies from the iPhone's to the overhead monitor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
screen will be blank and only hear audio. if this happens use the remote like the previous poster commented. this is what the dealership told me to do. the blank screen happens because you stopped the engine while the dvd was still playing....don't know why that happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue. So the dealer know about it. Sounds like a software bug.

I'll have to try the remote to see if that does it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have the same problem. Also happens when we turn off the power to the dvd while the car is still running. I will try the remote. We were having to pull the dvd out and reinsert it to get the video back on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
really informative one, but I've got one flip down car dvd player from online named justcardvd which is more cheaper than those in real stores, thanks all the same, share the good place with you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts