EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just got back from our vacation to Orlando (good timing with Dorian and all) Reset a few stats on the Enclave before we left.
Trip was from Kitchener, Ontario to Orlando, FL, via I79/I77/I95 route through the mountains in West Virginia. 5 passengers with a cartop carrier (fairly boxy one, holds 2 full sized suitcases, Karrite 18 cu ft)
Specs:
Total Mileage driven - 4300 kms (~2690 miles) over 4 days of driving (should have reset the timer!)
Fuel Economy - 12.4 L/100kms (18.8 MPG)
Fuel Used - 532 Litres (~140.5 US Gallons)
Average Speed - 94.5 km/h (just under 60 mph)

For the most part it was a good trip. Couple of hiccups though. On the way down, tire pressure light went off. No reading from one of the sensors. Checked the pressures, all good, but light was still on. Stopped for gas and food a few hours later, and the sensor was communicating again, never came on again after that.
On the way back, got held up due to construction/long weekend/evacuation traffic in Jacksonville, FL. 3 hours of bumper to bumper slow moving in 34 deg C, AC shut down..... didn't know the Enclave/GMs had a thermal protector, good to know. Once traffic moved, AC kicked back in. System must have been getting too hot with no/little air flow on the condenser.
Outside of that, no issues at all that were unexpected. I will be changing my rear shocks though, too much bounce in the back for my liking... but at 117K now (73K mi), they are probably due. I'm pretty happy considering I bought this after it hit a deer, and this was its first real test.

As for the trip.... 20 km average daily walking around Universal Studios.... need a vacation from my vacation..... :facepalm:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would clean the outside of radiator and condenser ad have the cooling system flushed since you shouldn't have overheating in standing traffic. I live in AZ and in 112F i have sat for 8 hours in traffic on I17 for an accident and a wild fire and AC never missed a beat. Also keep your distance between you and front vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rad and condenser were just replaced, part of the accident with the deer when I bought it. Engine coolant rose a bit, but well within safe zones. Just the AC kicked out... never had that happen before to be honest. Thought I lost the AC due to a freon leak at first, but once we rolled a bit, it kicked back in. then a stop again, it kicked out a minute or 2 later. AC was just serviced/refilled and checked 2 weeks prior by GM, so shouldn't have been an issue. My thoughts were the compressor was getting too hot, and the thermal switch was tripping....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
redvett
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing