EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK some may think I am insane but I have been waiting since June 2nd and the order still has not been accepted by Gm from the local dealer (constraints) so another dealer has the exact one we want but he is 500 miles away. They just got it in and I am flying on Monday to pick it up. I hope this car is worth it. I will have it one day and I will put 500 miles on it...I should be able to get a pretty good idea on the handling. First American car in a very long time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you have to put a deposit down on your order? Will the dealer refund it if you cancel the order? If so what's the point of them taking the deposit in the first place?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We put a deposit down on the local dealer, but because the order has never been submitted because of the constraints I do not believe that there will be any problems getting that deposit back. Technically the order was never submitted because of the inability of GM to accept it, so we could actually change it at any time. I am expecting the dealer to try and say it is non-refundable but they don't have a leg to stand on because the order was never taken. We did put a deposit down at the other dealer (500 miles away) but they said we could get a refund right up until we signed the final papers.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Insane? :eek: Maybe. :confused: But most of us here seem pretty insane to the rest of the world I would guess. I think if you don't mind flying there, the drive back will be heaven. Congratulations! You are one of the lucky ones here! Enjoy Monday!! :blob: I'm jealous.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We drove 560 miles roundtrip from Roswell, GA to Athens, AL (outside Huntsville) to get my Cocoa CXL fully loaded Enclave! It was defnitely WORTH the trip!!! Luckily, I'd been reading the forum here so I knew of all the troubles you guys were having getting your orders fulfilled. Otherwise, I probably would have trusted the dealer we talked to and placed an order expecting the 6-8 week wait he quoted us. I can't imagine how crazy you guys are going waiting for these orders!!

My husband and I decided we were ready to get rid of our '04 Expedition during our trip to Florida on July 8, saw our first Lambda at the condo we were staying at (Outlook) started our research while on vacation, test drove the Enclave when we got home on July 17 and took delivery on July 27 (280 miles from home)!

When I told my husband that I'd found "THE CAR" and it was a Buick... he looked at me like I had three heads! He said, "There is NO WAY I'm buying a Buick..."

Good luck, BlissDDS... I hope you love your Enclave as much as I do!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congratulations BlissDDS. You have made the right decision and are probably driving home at this minute. If the dealer (ordering) can not produce the vehicle, then he shouldn't be ordering it. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was visiting relatives in Hartford this week and Tony March Buick has a CXL AWD platinum witth ebony that is loaded that is available. Also has the 8 passenger seating.

·
Registered
47 Posts
most dealers do not deposit the deposit checks, so you could just pay to cancel the check. how could a dealer argue that they are owed the deposit check?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts