EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any power connectors for footwell lights on the 2015 Enclave? if not, where is the best place to get switched power for them?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
vega said:
are there any power connectors for footwell lights on the 2015 Enclave? if not, where is the best place to get switched power for them?
thanks in advance
:welcome: to the forum vega! Correct me if I am wrong..... The 15's don't have footwell lighting? If they don't, I would be surprised. Possibly your bulb(s) are burnt out? I am using 194 style 24 SMD LED's in my 08's footwells and they give off a ton of illumination.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
I'm fairly certain that only the earliest model year Enclaves came equipped with footwell lighting. I don't recall exactly when, but I believe that the 2011s might have been the first model year without them. Again, this is if memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sadly there are no footwell, glove box, or puddle lights. any idea where the closest point would be to tap power from the door switch.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
vega said:
sadly there are no footwell, glove box, or puddle lights. any idea where the closest point would be to tap power from the door switch.
Ugh. That sucks. Possibly you could tap into the front roof courtesy lights and run wires to the footwells.

·
Registered
40 Posts
vega said:
thanks in advance
Sadly all Enclaves, Acadia's and Traverses after the 2008 model year have the footwell lamps removed as a feature however, GM kept the opening for the lamps under the driver side dashboard and the passenger side blower motor cover, you will see there are holes there. You can actually get the footwell lamps and the front illuminated door sills installed at the same time. Both draw from the same power source and are activated when you have the dome lamp feature on. Acadia Denali's have footwell lamps and illuminated door sills, this is how the feature works.

Your in luck since you have a 2015 Enclave, they already have the connectors for the illuminated door sills, you or the dealer can simply tap into those wires to power the footwell lamps at the same time.

I got my dealer to install footwell lamps and the front Illuminated Door Sills on my 2013 Enclave, they had to do some minor adjustments, but they got it to work and are an awesome feature of the vehicle. I have the part numbers for each one and a picture of before and after if you want to see it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would appreciate the pictures and part #'s BrownClave. Do you know the location of the connector for the sill plates?
thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
vega said:
thanks in advance
I found this connector on my 14 E behind the left front door sill cover that extends partway up the left kick panel. The cover just pulls up to remove. I tested the connector with a multimeter, the black is ground, brown is 12v and using a test light the light comes on with door opening and off with a delay after door closing. I would like to find a matching connector and bulb sockets to fit the holes in lower dash panel. If not I will use short stips of 12v LED,s and a standard 2 pin connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Great update Dave! Keep us posted with completed pics. Good luck on the socket findind. Or you could just buy another male/female socket and put them in new if you can't find the other side of that existing plug.

·
Registered
40 Posts
vega said:
I would appreciate the pictures and part #'s BrownClave. Do you know the location of the connector for the sill plates?
thanks
Here are the part numbers:

Footwell Lamp (Light Bulb Included): 25760081 (You will need 2 of these)
Footwell Lamp Connector: 12085535 (You will need 2 of these, 3 if you also plan on installing a Glove Box Light)

The Footwell Lamps will fit perfectly into openings located in the underside of the driver side dashboard panel and the passenger side blower motor cover.

If you also plan on installing a Glove Box Light, there is a plastic cutout in the Glove Box Compartment which you can pull out to install the Glove Box Light.

Glove Box Light (Light Bulb Included): 12450028

dporter said:
I found this connector on my 14 E behind the left front door sill cover that extends partway up the left kick panel. The cover just pulls up to remove. I tested the connector with a multimeter, the black is ground, brown is 12v and using a test light the light comes on with door opening and off with a delay after door closing. I would like to find a matching connector and bulb sockets to fit the holes in lower dash panel. If not I will use short stips of 12v LED,s and a standard 2 pin connector.
Yep, this is the connector for the Front Illuminated Sill Plates for the 2014 to 2016 Enclaves.

Below are the before and after images, as well as the the Footwell Lamp Openings underneath the driver side dashboard panel and the passenger side blower motor cover.

2013 Buick Enclave - Footwell Lamp and Door Sill (Driver Side - Before)

2013 Buick Enclave - Footwell Lamp and Door Sill (Driver Side - After)

2013 Buick Enclave - Footwell Lamp (Driver Side - Before)

2013 Buick Enclave - Footwell Lamp (Driver Side - After)

2013 Buick Enclave - Footwell Lamp and Door Sill (Passenger Side - Before)

2013 Buick Enclave - Footwell Lamp and Door Sill (Passenger Side - After)

2013 Buick Enclave - Footwell Lamp (Passenger Side - Before)

2013 Buick Enclave - Footwell Lamp (Passenger Side - After)

2013 Buick Enclave - Footwell Lamp Opening (Driver Side Panel - Before)

2013 Buick Enclave - Footwell Lamp Opening (Passenger Side Panel - Before)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you so much BrownClave, you have made this job a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
vega said:
thank you so much BrownClave, you have made this job a lot easier.
I would imagine! The illustrations demonstrate the design elements of the footwell lighting so clearly. Prior to viewing these photos, I had never seen the source of this illumination.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
many thanks to all.

I ended up making my own connectors, and using 3528 warm white LED strip lights. I used 9 LED's per light, and attached then under the dash panel. total cost was about $1, and roughly 40 minutes of my time.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
vega said:
many thanks to all.

I ended up making my own connectors, and using 3528 warm white LED strip lights. I used 9 LED's per light, and attached then under the dash panel. total cost was about $1, and roughly 40 minutes of my time.
This is a very nice mod for those who own anything past 2008 and adds a very nice touch of class to the vehicle. They should not have removed these items just to save a buck.

I would love to add the illuminated door sills also as those look great, but since I have a 2011, I doubt I would have that connector. Do you know which wire(s) the dealer tapped into for all these lights BrownClave? Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
vega said:
many thanks to all.

That is a very nice mod indeed. I'm glad as I was able to provide some help! Are you able to take a picture of the LED light strip which you used, and where you placed the LED strips on those panels? I plan on installing an ice blue ambient LED lighting strip on those panels, similar to what Buick did to there 2013 Enclave Ambient Light - Teaser back in 2012 (just like the image below). Thanks!

Uncle Buick said:
This is a very nice mod for those who own anything past 2008 and adds a very nice touch of class to the vehicle. They should not have removed these items just to save a buck.

I would love to add the illuminated door sills also as those look great, but since I have a 2011, I doubt I would have that connector. Do you know which wire(s) the dealer tapped into for all these lights BrownClave? Thanks
I remember the dealer stating that they found a power connection in the driver side, which they were able to use for the both the Footwell Lamps and the Illuminated Door Sill, but as for the passenger side, they had to dig around a little (I need to double check this). I can also check my front floor door panels to see where they connected the wires and I will take pictures.
You should be able to install the front Illuminated Door Sills into a 2011, provided you can find a power source. One thing you will need to do since you have a tan interior Enclave, is to switch the Lighted Door Sill to your current front floor door sill panels (but first make sure that the Lighted Sill Plate will fit into your current front sill plate panel) if you like I can take a measurement for you on the length and width of the Sill plate. For others with a Black or Titanium interior, buying the Black or Titanium Panel Lighted Sill Plate Panels should be fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wish I was talented enough to do these mods. I want the glove box, footwells and sill plates. I saw the option for the sill plates to be about $500 through GM... :eek:hno:

·
Registered
40 Posts
HeatherA said:
I wish I was talented enough to do these mods. I want the glove box, footwells and sill plates. I saw the option for the sill plates to be about $500 through GM... :eek:hno:
The Sill plates are expensive (they list at $300 on eBay and $350 in a dealership) however, the parts for the GM Footwell Lamps and Glove Box Light are much cheaper than the Illuminated Sill Plates. The labor for installing the Illuminated Door Sill Plates through the dealership is about $90 for each side (here in Canada).
Or if you know someone electrically inclined, you could ask for their help and do a relatively inexpensive mod like what "vega" just did. $1 dollar to add Footwell Lamps? I'd take that anyday!

Also, since you have a 2016 Enclave, your vehicle should have the connectors for the sill plates already in place (double check to make sure), the connector should look like what "dporter" posted above, its just a matter of plug and play, therefore you won't need to ask the dealership to install for you, removing those front door panels is fairly straight forward. And yes, they look **** good at night!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BrownClave said:
The Sill plates are expensive (they list at $300 on eBay and $350 in a dealership) however, the parts for the GM Footwell Lamps and Glove Box Light are much cheaper than the Illuminated Sill Plates. The labor for installing the Illuminated Door Sill Plates through the dealership is about $90 for each side (here in Canada).
Or if you know someone electrically inclined, you could ask for their help and do a relatively inexpensive mod like what "vega" just did. $1 dollar to add Footwell Lamps? I'd take that anyday!
on my 2015 there was a connector on each side. the factory connector for the footwell lamp is $35 here in Canada. what I did was to take 2 1/8" staples from my staple gun, straighten them out and solder the wire (16") to the two staples and the led strip. the staples fit perfectly and snugly into the vehicles connector. I used shrink tubing to insulate the staples. the LED strip cost me $0.80 for 1 meter on EBay. I cut 2 pieces of 9 LED's each (they can be cut in multiples of 3 LED's).

anyone who can do simple soldering can do this. check before startingout the staple fits snugly into the connector, and remember the LED's are polarity critical, if they do not light, reverse the connection into the connector. if you get error free LED's, they will dim like the overhead lamps.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
BrownClave said:

Also, since you have a 2016 Enclave, your vehicle should have the connectors for the sill plates already in place (double check to make sure), the connector should look like what "dporter" posted above, its just a matter of plug and play, therefore you won't need to ask the dealership to install for you, removing those front door panels is fairly straight forward. And yes, they look **** good at night!
It's the dismantling of the car that worries me. My husband could probably do it, but since it's so new I just worry we'll mess something up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HeatherA said:
It's the dismantling of the car that worries me. My husband could probably do it, but since it's so new I just worry we'll mess something up.
the sill plate is easy to remove and reinstall. start at the seam on the sill plate, put your fingers under the inside of the trim plate, and move them toward the front about 3" and gently lift up. you should feel the clip release. move toward the front about another 10" and repeat. lift the rear of the sill plate and it will come away from the front.

to replace it, put the trim on at the front, and then push down on 2 clip locations.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts