EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
vega said:
the sill plate is easy to remove and reinstall. start at the seam on the sill plate, put your fingers under the inside of the trim plate, and move them toward the front about 3" and gently lift up. you should feel the clip release. move toward the front about another 10" and repeat. lift the rear of the sill plate and it will come away from the front.

to replace it, put the trim on at the front, and then push down on 2 clip locations.
Is the power hookup under the existing sill plate?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
HeatherA said:
Is the power hookup under the existing sill plate?
the connector is in front of the sill plate, dporter posted a picture in this thread.

·
Registered
40 Posts
vega said:
on my 2015 there was a connector on each side. the factory connector for the footwell lamp is $35 here in Canada. what I did was to take 2 1/8" staples from my staple gun, straighten them out and solder the wire (16") to the two staples and the led strip. the staples fit perfectly and snugly into the vehicles connector. I used shrink tubing to insulate the staples. the LED strip cost me $0.80 for 1 meter on EBay. I cut 2 pieces of 9 LED's each (they can be cut in multiples of 3 LED's).

anyone who can do simple soldering can do this. check before startingout the staple fits snugly into the connector, and remember the LED's are polarity critical, if they do not light, reverse the connection into the connector. if you get error free LED's, they will dim like the overhead lamps.
Thanks vega, I will look into doing this mod as ambient lighting for the footwells. Nice info too on the "error free LED's".

·
Registered
60 Posts
vega said:
the connector is in front of the sill plate, dporter posted a picture in this thread.
Ok, so you have to take the door off... at least that's what his picture looks like. I was hoping there was a wire under the sill plate that you'd just plug right into ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
HeatherA said:
Ok, so you have to take the door off... at least that's what his picture looks like. I was hoping there was a wire under the sill plate that you'd just plug right into ;)
You don't need to remove the door, just make sure the door is wide open. The panel itself where the sill plate is located is all that needs to be removed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
BrownClave, thanks for the head's up on the Glove Box Light. I bought the part and had the dealer install it on my '14. It was harder than they thought as there was no wiring up there, so they ran it and had to ground to the body. $17 for the part, and $120+ for the install, more than I thought it was going to be. But it works, and the wifey likes that.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I still think that sucks that Buick took those footwell & glovebox lights out. Dumb move.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
why would GM not put the lighting in. has the holes for it... my 2008 enclave has the foot lighting. my moms 17 enclave same style has holes but no lights nor a glovebox light. you'd think they be adding more or updating it instead of taking them out. so frustrating.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts