EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did anyone who is or was stuck at status code 3000 actually see their status code or are they just relying on the salespersons word? The reason I ask this is because I spoke with buick customer relations and they claim an order would progress through the system and not just sit at code 3000 for 2 months. the only time it would sit for a very long time is if the dealership either does not have or chooses not to use their allocation(which would place you in the 1100 code). at least that is my understanding of it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just found out that calling customer service for your "order status code" does not work. I have been relying on my dealers verbal information over the phone, and have not actually seen it in writing or on a computer! If you check some other posts on this forum you will find people who claim to have gotten VOMS #'s on their order status from a phone call to BUICK. :sosad: After my experience I don't believe them!!!!

I guess the real questions are WHO DO YOU TRUST? and WHO CAN YOU TRUST? :angryfire:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I called buick customer service yesterday and was told my car was built and shipped out on 09/16. I tried two weeks befor that to get that status from them but they said I have to go with my dealer. I think it depends what status you are at if Buick customer service will be of any help. After I got off the phone with them I emailed my dealer and he told me that was in transit.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I put my deposit down on 9/5 and am still at status 3000. The dealer used an allocation for my order. I've seen the screen and there is a 10/8 date on the screen that I suspect is a tentative broadcast date. We ordered White Diamond Tricoat and the Luxury package so we have two strikes going against us.

It appears to me that they are building and delivering more vehicles from what I've seen looking at dealership inventories all over the US. I have a friend who builds the seats and they've been working a ton of overtime. I heard (unconfirmed) that Lansing worked last Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
152 Posts
juglake - when you order you should get the order number from the dealership. My order number was 6 charaters long with both numbers and letters. When you call Buick Customer Care and if you already know the order number they can call your dealership with your permission to get the status update. I have had various levels of success with this method. After all they are calling your dealership to get the information, which is something that you could and should do yourself. The better idea is to go in person once a week and have them show you the screen as they are doing the look up. Have them bring up the order number and do a status code history print out for you. This will show you when the order status changed from one code to another. If it is not moving up the status code chain then ask questions like

1) Is there a constraint issue with my vehicle? If so show me where this is documented, they can show you another screen worth of information if they as so inclined.
2) Does my vehicle have a TPW (Targeted Production Week)? If so what is it?
3) When stuck at 1100 ask to see their allocation screen and your priority in the waiting line.

Lastly if the dealership will not cooperate with you and provide you the information (stating "we can't give you that" or they blattenly refuse) then take your business elsewhere and tell them so, tell GM so and LEAVE. You are entitled to your deposit back and if you are ordering with a discount code GM Supplier or GM Employee then you might have to get GM involved to switch the code to another dealership if it has been used at the old one to place your order. They may even be able to transfer the order number to another dealership for you to preserve your price protection on the previous order.

To paraphase someone else's comment earlier ....

"I can track my $20.00 Amazon book order from order to delivery on the internet but I can't track an order for a $43,000 luxury vehicle". Does that make sense? NO!

·
Registered
661 Posts
my dealer did not give me a code but said I was in limbo await parts for the luxury package. Is that what 3000 means? ???

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dealer says he "doesn't have the status code", which means he's too lazy to look.

He did tell me the order was "at the factory" and he expected the car "in October"

Can anybody decipher what "at the factory" means?

I do know I tried to order an additional package and the dealer said it was too late because...say it with me now...the order was "at the factory"

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I just went to status code 3300 today so it looks like I'm getting closer! We have a tentative production week of 10/8 so I hope it gets broadcast then.

·
Registered
661 Posts
7 weeks after order, today I was told I am at 3000. It was the first time I knew a code and had to ask the dealer. they told me earlier that there was a hold up on the luxury pkg. Does being at 3000 mean that that wait is over and I am now in the "regular" waiting room?
Does having a code mean I can call buick directly? :confused:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
BadAV said:
I just went to status code 3300 today so it looks like I'm getting closer! We have a tentative production week of 10/8 so I hope it gets broadcast then.
We went to 3400 today so it looks like maybe we will be built as scheduled.

·
Registered
120 Posts
REDCXL said:
they told me earlier that there was a hold up on the luxury pkg.
I was told 8-10 weeks. The car came in 7. Did order the luxury package, which even the dealer in MI commented that the lux. did not seem to hold up our car. When I brought the car in for a state inspection to our Buick service garage in VA the salesmen were wondering whose Enclave it was. Struck up a conversation with the salesman and he did not have any info on the lux. holding up orders. As I have read various threads there seems to be inconsistency in the luxury package holding up orders or not.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
We went to 3800 last night and the salesperson called today to inform us that our Enclave is in transit!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts