EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

For those with a build date of 8/13

10K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  Smokin SRX 
FlavaClav said:
Appearance Protection (5yr plan) ---------- $497
-Paint guard protects exterior finish of vehicle
-Fiber and leather guard protect the interior of the vehicle
FlavaClav -- 1st, congrats on your new Enclave. I have some thoughts for you on these options -- for the appearance protection, buy a good $10 bottle of nano-wax. For the leather, buy a bottle of leather cleaner and a bottle of leather conditioner -- probably no more than $20 for both. Savings to you: about $460.

FlavaClav said:
Theft Protection Program------------------- $369
-Multiple benefits available if vehicle declared total loss due to theft
-Warning decals deter professional theft
LoJack+Early Warning---------------------- $995
-Stolen vehicle tracking system operated with police
-24-hour recovery guarantee
Why bother with this? Your Enclave has the PASSIII key which has a chip embedded in the key -- it will immobilize the vehicle if it is not used to start the car. Plus, you have OnStar -- included the 1st year for free, the next 2 years if you only take Safe & Sound will be $400. Total savings to you: $950+

As for the tire/wheel protection plan and the windshield protection plan -- depending on your insurance coverage, you may not need this either -- these would fall into Comprehensive coverage, so you'd have to see how much your deductible is for this coverage. You would also need to check what, if any, kind of deductible there is for each of these coverages that they have offered. Plus, you'd want to check the restrictions, how difficult it will be to make a claim. Typically, this kind of coverage is simply a huge money-maker for the dealer and not a very good choice for the consumer.

From my view, I walk away from ALL this stuff that's simply going to line the dealer/salesperson's pockets with cash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.