EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
thats a cool gadget and thats a pic of the acadia next to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
It runs Windows?! No way! :eek:hno:
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NOLA Saints said:
It runs Windows?! No way! :eek:hno:
well the picture is of XP, but the one they are producing has VISTA, i have a laptop with vista and it is the best windows computer i have ever owned, note i said windows computer, i still think macs are better. I love my imac G5

does any one want to buy an 06 yukon nav system
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
I can just imagine the BSOD on that thing already. Macs are still WAY better than any Windows machine.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well forget the computer, the fact is it has bluetooth a back up camera, a 160 gb hard drive store music and videos, it is stilla gps, a, it even has 5.1 surround sound, it also gives you the option for xm or serious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Oh, I want it, I want it! :cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts
How would you press CTRL+ALT+DEL to reboot :p

By the way how would you get online?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
coop said:
How would you press CTRL+ALT+DEL to reboot :p

By the way how would you get online?
Forget rebooting, with Vista you would have to reinstall it a few times. >:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
When your computer locks up to you have to close all of the "windows" and restart the car?

Imagine ..."Sorry Officer, my carputer was giving me the Blue screen of death and I was trying to reboot the system while I was driving down the highway but when it can back on it started to count the memory the car just stopped responding to gas pedal control and therefore was increasing it's speed. When Windows was fully loaded it slowed down to a crawl anf I found I couldn't get the car out of second gear. Blame it on Bill Gates."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I just spoke with the company that is developing this product and they have delayed the launch of this until the beginning of next year. The backup camera will be an option and another option that will follow (tentatively scheduled for the 2nd quarter of '08) is an adapter that will allow use of the steering wheel audio controls. If I were to guess, the price might be comparable to ordering entertainment package #4, but it does have some nice capabilities. I don't know if I want to count on this when ordering my Enclave.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
muljo said:
Forget rebooting, with Vista you would have to reinstall it a few times. >:D
well i must have good luck with computers, i have had a vista laptop since may and it has been the best windows computer i have ever had, all my problems with xp were gone with vista.

but you guys are missing the point, the computer is not the main control, it is just one of the features, it hass all the features of the stock nav system, plus all the added features of choosing xm or serious, and bluetooth, if you want you can connect a wireless usb keyboard, you can turn it on and off with out turning off the car. you get online by a 3g network and if your in a wifi zone you get high speed, i dont care what you guys say, im ordering 2 of them, one for the denali, and the yukon xl when they come out and my fathers is ordering one for the enclave when we get ours. you got a different answer from me, i was told next year and 2100 installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
OK, i watched the video and this is a little creepy lol... what's next, get in car and say home james and it drives you home? reminds me of that movie where the house was a computer and all they had to say was cook and the food was cooked. then the house took on feelings, became alive and held the entire family hostage cause of course the house was female and was in love w/the widow father and thought she was the mother of the children...too much for me.... :eek:hno:

enjoy that thing thunder :cheers:

in addition, they will probably market this to the dealerships as an option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
comiccolec said:
When your computer locks up to you have to close all of the "windows" and restart the car?

Imagine ..."Sorry Officer, my carputer was giving me the Blue screen of death and I was trying to reboot the system while I was driving down the highway but when it can back on it started to count the memory the car just stopped responding to gas pedal control and therefore was increasing it's speed. When Windows was fully loaded it slowed down to a crawl anf I found I couldn't get the car out of second gear. Blame it on Bill Gates."
:rofl: This cracked me up :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
well i must have good luck with computers, i have had a vista laptop since may and it has been the best windows computer i have ever had, all my problems with xp were gone with vista.
The only thing reliable and consistent with Windows is if you leave the computer off it stays off! 8)
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
coop said:
The only thing reliable and consistent with Windows is if you leave the computer off it stays off! 8)
your preaching to the quior here as i hate windows, but need it for work, i love my powerbook and my imac g5, but its like a ford vs chevy thing here and i side with mac, and what it seems is nobody understands, is even though it is a computer YOU DONT HAVE TO USE IT AS A COMPUTER, its xm its am its fm its gps its surious radio, its all the things that come with the stock nav system and more for cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Now, if GM collaborated with TomTom, they would surely be able to come up with a kick-a$$ GPS system, with up-to-date maps, Text-to-speech, firmware updates over internet, configurable POIs, and map correction on the fly, plus iPod connectivity as well. I also love the TomTom's OS. It's really easy to use and user friendly.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top