EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Just moved up from an 08 Outlook XR in WDT to a 15 Enclave Leather in Champagne Silver Metalic. Only option added was the forward collision and lane departure package.
What a difference 7 years and a Buick makes!
We loved the Outlook but it had 145k miles and after a wave plate failure in Sept, starter failure in Nov and throttle body/gasket repairs related to condensation freezing/PCV failure 2 weeks ago, we went Lambda looking.
We had hoped to keep the Outlook for another few years but knew we wanted to stay within the Lambda family when we were ready to buy.

We test drove an Enclave and Acadia back to back and fell in love with the Enclave. We wanted the Champagne Silver Metallic with Leather and a bench seat. Dealer couldn't find one the Saturday we were looking so I spent Sunday searching the internet. Found one listed in inventory at the same dealer we had been at. Turned out it was in transit. It arrived that Wed and we drove it home Thursday.
One week from breakdown, decision to buy, finding the one we wanted, negotiating the deal and driving it home. Wow, we never moved that fast on any car purchase.

After every other car purchase we have had a few days of buyers remorse before we got to enjoying what we bought.
Not this time.
This Enclave is so nice and things fell into place so well we know it was meant to be and have enjoyed all of the 12 days we have owned it so far.

Here are the required photos after it's first wash. Need the weather to improve to really get it clean.

Well, photos aren't showing in preview, will try posting to see if they show up.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Sweet! Congratulations! :welcome: to the forum, if I or anyone else hasn't already extended this greeting before. I hope you get many miles of enjoyment out of it, and you find this forum to be a very handy and useful tool. Looking forward to hearing more on other threads from you about your ownership.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome and congratulations - gorgeous E!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Ward and welcome to the forum. congrats on your beautiful enclave, you will find lots of friendly helpful advice and a few coulourful characters around here that just like you found something special in the enclave..

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
is that at some Military Base?

Just the Font and the signs by the pipes remind me of military bases.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
rbarrios said:
is that at some Military Base?

Just the Font and the signs by the pipes remind me of military bases.
:D looks like it to me too. Although there isn't a visitors pass in the window or DOD sticker on that E!

·
Registered
657 Posts
She is beauty!!!!!!!!!Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Nope, not a military base. Just a glass factory in South Jersey with a blah entrance.

2 weeks and 788 miles. What a sweet ride. I could have stayed in my Outlook and been happy, probably would have if I had read up on the PCV valve issue and resolved that before it cost me money.
But then I would have missed out on all the cool tech and features I'm enjoying.

I do have some questions but will put them in the appropriate forum sections as I go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts