EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has been attracting a lot of attention during the past few years. The information within helps members and non-members alike, and helps GM get feedback from Enclave owners and potential buyers. In addition, this forum has become known as having one of the friendliest groups of forum folks on the internet! Let's keep the good times rolling! :cheers:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
:dancing:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
:woot:

·
Registered
657 Posts
That is a very good thing. Now I wish, GM Customer Service should have been proactive and rectified the complaints in the forum, Enclave might have been a highest selling CUV.
One of the dumbest mistake GM did is not recalling the $2000 power steering problem and the corresponding $1000, shocker+strut problems. I have pretty good feeling that if they did that in the past they could have retained a lot of customers including me and avoided the negative publicity. Instead of acknowledging these issues they issues a money saving power steering pump TSB like a bandage.
People say I have an a** to grind, but please tell me for which other brand vehicle these many power steering and strut+shocker failures within a short span of 5 years or 100k? If it is any other foreign manufacturers they would have recalled for all these problems, by this time.
I remember when Chase introduced a fee for checking account. That time I had around 10k in Chase, so I went up and told the manager that "I have around 10k in this bank and I am using this bank for my daily transactions. Now you are charging me a fee. So give me a cashiers check, close my account. In the future you are going to send me a $500 coupon to just open an account, but trust me you lost me forever. After that I am getting coupons ranging from $300-$500 to open an account. What a dumb mistake!
Now that's what happened with Buick, not only me but many solid customers who literally bailed out Buick on 2008/2009/2010 and 2011. These year customers literally helped Buick to bail out that brand, but many of them are gone and they are not coming back and not even considering a buick for their future vehicle. Except Sailfish and John 070 who are still batting.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Paul2010 said:
That is a very good thing. Now I wish, GM Customer Service should have been proactive and rectified the complaints in the forum, Enclave might have been a highest selling CUV.
One of the dumbest mistake GM did is not recalling the $2000 power steering problem and the corresponding $1000, shocker+strut problems. I have pretty good feeling that if they did that in the past they could have retained a lot of customers including me and avoided the negative publicity. Instead of acknowledging these issues they issues a money saving power steering pump TSB like a bandage.
People say I have an a** to grind, but please tell me for which other brand vehicle these many power steering and strut+shocker failures within a short span of 5 years or 100k? If it is any other foreign manufacturers they would have recalled for all these problems, by this time.
I remember when Chase introduced a fee for checking account. That time I had around 10k in Chase, so I went up and told the manager that "I have around 10k in this bank and I am using this bank for my daily transactions. Now you are charging me a fee. So give me a cashiers check, close my account. In the future you are going to send me a $500 coupon to just open an account, but trust me you lost me forever. After that I am getting coupons ranging from $300-$500 to open an account. What a dumb mistake!
Now that's what happened with Buick, not only me but many solid customers who literally bailed out Buick on 2008/2009/2010 and 2011. These year customers literally helped Buick to bail out that brand, but many of them are gone and they are not coming back and not even considering a buick for their future vehicle. Except Sailfish and John 070 who are still batting.
I might be also. I just missed out on a 2014 premium for $29k

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Paul2010 said:
Some probably thought I should have bailed on GM considering all the issues with my 07 Outlook, the swimming pool on 4 wheels. We did test drive the Ford, didn't care for it. Wasn't interested in any of the other SUV's on the market because of their small size inside. Okay I did consider the Acadia, because of the similarity to the Outlook. Except at the time I was wanting to unload the Outlook, the only ones in the area had sunroofs and there was no way in **** I was going to have another sunroof on my SUV. We did test drive the Traverse, yea I know another GM. Found that the Enclave was quieter and road much smoother and the interior, a bit nicer as well.

Not sorry one bit for getting into the 11 Enclave. Plus, with the few miles driven, I am seriously hoping it lasts a long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts