EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have problem when we first put on our heat or air conditioner, we smell a unusual unpleasant odor.

Anybody else have this??

thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
check for dead critters. We had that in my last car on one occasion and they found a dead mouse in the engine compartment (somewhere). :confused:

·
Registered
410 Posts
And if it is dead critters, and it costs a whole lot to repair, check if it's covered by your insurance. No, really. That happened to someone I know, and it cost like $800 to fix as they had to take apart half the engine to get to it. Insurance paid for it as it was considered an "attack by a wild animal".

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
jbradfor said:
Insurance paid for it as it was considered an "attack by a wild animal".
That's my favorite TV video - "when rodents attack". :D

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
Check those cabin filters...

Crossposted:

Techno and Smokin are the filter kings (yes, a pun), but I did find this Mr. Goodwrench video over the MyGMLink Owner Center that may prove useful. Note the suggestion that air filter be checked same times as oil and engine filters.

This plays in Quicktime video and takes time to load: http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/gmgoodwrenchjsp/videopop.jsp?path=/_res/video/filters.mov

2Much

Hey coffee.....can't get that video to open? Any tips?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Thx guys. I have broadband hi-speed service and I have Quicktime loaded. usually open anything, no probs. Will check filters etc.

Thx for suggestions!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
chicomed said:
We have problem when we first put on our heat or air conditioner, we smell a unusual unpleasant odor.

Anybody else have this??

thanks.
Had a dead bird stick behind grill once(Kamo Kazi?) odor just as you describe, plus whole garage after 3 days!! Flaslite, Rubber gloves, breather mask..............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts