EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Found "My" Enclave at Another Dealer

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Vikchic 
#1 ·
I ordered my enclave on May 19 from my local dealer in Dallas/Fort Worth...still no word on when it will be built. Frustrated with the wait and lack of information, I checked the vehicle locator on Buick's site to see if anyone had one near me. I found the exact vehicle I ordered at a dealer about 1 1/2 hours away. I'm curious to know if anyone has been successful having their dealer swap inventory with another dealer to get your vehicle faster? I left a message for my dealer asking if they will work something out with the dealership that has the enclave I'm waiting for. No word yet. I guess my other option is to ask for my deposit back and make the drive. Any advice?

I ordered a Cocoa Metallic CXL FWD fully loaded.

#2 ·
No brainer as far as I'm concerned. Get your deposit back, and make the 1.5 hour drive. If your dealer gives you any problems, just ask "OK, when will the one I ordered from you show up?" They probably can't give you an answer.

#5 ·
Def. call first. My Enclave showed on dealer inventory searches for a week after we got it -- and it was presold and only there for 90 minutes to begin with!

#8 ·
Good luck!!! Hope you get it. I was watching buick's inventory page on nearly a daily basis for over a month looking for a fully loaded Tri-Coat Diamond. Buick showed it being available at the dealer even though the dealer did not have it. I bought it unseen and waited for a week to take delivery.

#10 ·
I did as well today, in Ohio. Would not be a long drive. I e-mailed them to see if they really had it. If it is really aviailable, my only other issue is that my dealer is giving us a pretty good deal with our trade. We would prefer to sell out-right, but with not having any idea when this Enclave will come, we thought trade would be easiest. A couple of dealers we checked with, said they would not match or beat the trade we are getting on a GMC Canyon. Most likely we will have to continue with our order. Some people have gotten lucky and received their vehicles quite timely, however, some posts make me want to :banghead: for them!

#11 ·
Ordered my car in May. I had the same problem as everyone. " No Build Date, Yet". Got to be July. Started watching Buick Vehicle Locator and gmbuypower. Found the same car except I had to move up from Ent. #3 to #4 at a dealer about 2 hours away. Called the Sales Mgr. Car was to be there 2 weeks ago. Checked one more time on my order. Still nothing. Cut the deal on the car, sight unseen. It arrived at the dealer last week. Had the running boards installed on Fri. Delivered on Mon. YAY!

#12 ·
Another idea is to call Buick marketing support and give them the specs of the car you're looking for. I did it back in May and they called me back within an hour with two matches. I was driving a ming blue Enclave a couple of days later.

Greg

#14 ·
admin said:
Greg - can you share that number with us so that other members can give it a try?
IF IM NOT MISTAKEN IT IS 1800 4-A-BUICK YOU JUST HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE PROMPTER AND SELECT THE CORRECT OPTION... GL

#16 ·
:wine: :wine: :wine:I have been checking the Buick Inventory locator a few times a week. Finally found an exact match last night. Made a few calls today, and we're picking it up tomorrow!!!!!!! :blob: :blob: :blob:
We have a 2.5 hour drive to a dealer in Ohio. Go figure, Enclaves are made 1 hour from where I live, but driving out of state to get one. Oh well, It's a drive I am looking forward to. I came home from my office and sitting on my home fax was the sale from the dealer, and my proof of insurance![/color]
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I would recommend anyone waiting to check out the locator at Buick.com if you have not yet done so.

#17 ·
Congrats on finding your dream machine.

If I can ask -- how did things work out financially? Did you get the price you were expecting to pay?

EVERY dealer here will not deal on an in-stock unit (or even 1 that hasn't hit their dealership yet). I'd love to be lucky like you.

#19 ·
We received the standard GM employee discount, my husband works at a plant in Michigan that makes the engines for these awesome vehicles. Will post some pix soon. We simply told the dealer after a few e-mails that we could come and pick it up and wanted it Saturday due to our work schedules. My husband will have to take the day off. He works 10 hour days 6-7days a week to keep up with supply, and you all know where that still stands for most of us. We called and got our loan over the phone, will stop at bank tomorrow when they open and then start our trip to get it. It will be nice to use the NAV on the way home. Way way easier than the wait, worry, and wonder! The Enclave will be mine to drive, but I think I'll have hubby drive it home ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.