EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if they make front cameras similar to the rear cameras? I wouldn't mind having one in the front when I park the "clave". For me it is hard to see the front end of the hood when parking between two parked cars....stinks to be short. Thanks for the replies....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Being tall is any help. I usually end up getting back in and moving it closer to the car in front.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
coop said:
I think you can buy any off market back up camera and install in front, usually they license plate mountable.

Something like this http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4744711
Thanks for the (link) info, will need to do some research on that particular camera.

JustDriftin said:
Being tall is any help. I usually end up getting back in and moving it closer to the car in front.
I'm glad I'm not the only....but it is still a very nice vehicle.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Now, if Lockpick could figure out some way to integrate a wireless camera like that mounted on the front to the factory NAV screen....I would buy it to have the front bumper view.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Just what we need, more distraction while driving.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well, I meant front bumper view while parking. Would only enable it when pulling into a tight parking space. (Or when wife driving and parking....she has a tendency of hitting things with the front right bumper.....not yet in the Enclave thank goodness!)

·
Registered
379 Posts
The lockpick will allow you to install a video camera that can be attached to the front. (GMX-320)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just saw a comercial for the new Volvo ( I think it was the S80). It had a front sensor similar to the rear back up sensor. Not quite a camera, but thought it looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I REALLY wish they had put sensors on the front like they did in back. My Lexus LS-430 has it and it sure makes parking a lot easier!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
OKCCowboy said:
The lockpick will allow you to install a video camera that can be attached to the front. (GMX-320)
Hmmm may have to look into that.....plus my wife is continuously annoyed with the NAV and XM category scrolling lock-out when she is in the passenger seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts