EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Front End Protectors

10K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  rpasetto 
#1 ·
I have not been able to find any Front End Protectors "BRAS" for the Enclave. Tried Buick parts, Le Bra and Wolf. Nothing even in the
pipeline. We live in Florida and get Thousands of "LOVE BUGS" twice a year ,and Sept is the worst!! They can damage your Finish and
in extreme conditions plug up your radiator if you don't get them off immediately!

Has anyone seen anything on front end protectors any where or have suggestions????

#2 ·
I've done some research on 3M's transparent bra and will probably go with that. It's a clear laminate that is supposed to protect your paint and help dings caused by gravel etc. The installer I looked at had kits for grills, bumpers, hood, whatever you want to cover. I just can't bring myself to cover this beauty with a traditional car bra.

#3 ·
Top Dog said:
I have not been able to find any Front End Protectors "BRAS" for the Enclave. Tried Buick parts, Le Bra and Wolf. Nothing even in the
pipeline. We live in Florida and get Thousands of "LOVE BUGS" twice a year ,and Sept is the worst!! They can damage your Finish and
in extreme conditions plug up your radiator if you don't get them off immediately!

Has anyone seen anything on front end protectors any where or have suggestions????
May and September. I try to avoid going to Florida during those Months.
You can buy a Screen that goes over the front end. I've always taken the screen and place it behind the Grill in front of the A/C Condenser to keep the bugs out, but, the Bugs still does a job on the front Grill and Windshield.

#6 ·
Top Dog said:
http://www.autobarn.net/duplicolor-spray-on-bra.html

I found this link on the internet last night. Has anyone heard of this before?
Really worthless, and washes right off. MIGHT be able to do something at first, but more of a mess and pain, and you're back to 100% unprotected once it's washed--if not even just with it.

If you want protection that you only have to worry about once and forget it, the ever increasingly popular clear bra/mask installed by a pro is always the best choice--especially when you also have it added to mirrors and behind wheels, protecting those areas from chips and bug damage.

#7 ·
Same thing no bra protectors out there. However I did find a great accessory,sidesteps! They add a visual appeal and help my wife entering. These are made specially for the Enclave, do not let your dealler mislead you! My dealer was unaweare of them, I found them on gmaccessoriesstore.com. My dealer met the price, first set they ever installed.

#8 ·
Colgan told me they would do a bra for the Enclave if they got 8 orders. I intend to order one, but, of course, there is the wait for delivery on the Enclave. I have used both the transparent cover and bras, and in Missouri, particularly in the summer the bar is far better. The clear cover helps with chips, but you still have to peel the bugs off. Get those orders in to Colgan so there will be at least 8 order, and I can get mine.

#11 ·
Top Dog said:
I located a venture certified installer in Satellite Beach Florida. They come to your house to install it but you must have a garage or somewhere out of the wind.
I have contacted them for a price and am waiting for them to return my call .
Hi Top Dog. Venture is a good product! It mainly is a paint chip/ bug stain protector!! And a good one! But understand :

You see it (even though it's clear!)

The bugs still stick on, but a little less than unprotected paint

You still have to clean something. (but not as much as paint alone)

So buy accordingly. I use ZYMOL wax! Incredible shine and is a little like putting Rain -X on the windshield. Makes it harder for things to stick. But every 2 weeks............. :whip:

As for radiator....only a screen keeps the bugs away! ;)

#13 ·
Welcome aboard! :thumb: Do you have your Enclave yet? Most here don't.......YET!

Do you mean the clear stuff like Venture? That's more than a bra typically costs. Or do you mean someone sews a custom bra together and velcros it on? Lot a guys here, like the 3M and Venture clear film. I'm partial to a bra (if I do anything) as I can quickly and easily remove it. I can even sew in a screen for bugs if I want!
just IMO !

Any thoughts or secrets???

#14 ·
I highly recommend the clear 3M mask. I've had a traditional 'black' mask on previous cars and they work ok for while, until it gets wet and dirty and then starts scratching your paint, not to mention the hassle of taking it on and off to clean it and underneath several times/year. I've had the 3M clear mast on my silver Infiniti G35 for the last 5 years and it works very well. You do have to clean the bugs off but it is only marginally more difficult than cleaning the bugs off of a 'black' mask. I have noticed a considerable difference in the number of rock chips on the front lower grille on my car where the pre-cut mask doesn't cover (like the horizontal sections of the lower grille area) whereas I have absolutely no rock chips on any area covered by the clear mask. I even hit a deer with my car going about 10-15 MPH that broke my headlamp assemly and I had absolutely no scratches on the clear mask. I would shop around and you should be paying $400-$500 installed.

#16 ·
LaBra has finally release a Bra and Front End Cover for our Enclaves. :beer: :thumb:

Here is the link to the web site.

Hood Protector - http://www.wolfautocovers.com/Hood-Protectors.html

Front End Covers - http://www.wolfautocovers.com/lebra-front-end-covers.html

I am undecided if I should use a LaBra (don't be mislead by the fact you are going to Wolf Auto Covers site - LaBra owns Wolf) or the 3M Clear Covers. La Bra bought Wolf and continue manufacturing Front End covers under the Wolf name for older models but all new stuff is LaBra. I used Wolf products for years and never had a problem. Wolf has a very thick inside material which protects the vehicle. If I remember older La Bras had a fabric which I heard could cause scratches in the paint if not keep real clean. Does anyone have a La Bra on another vehicle and can comment on the inside material used today?

Good Luck Everyone.

#17 ·
I used to use Labra covers on all my vehicles. Stopped because of paint fade and scratching issues. Both issues were my fault at least partially because I hardly ever removed them. fading occurs unevenly so nose color was always brighter and richer than body of cars. Also material did not scratch car as I recall the sand and other grit that gets under the cover was worse than sand. If a clear front shield becomes available then I would be interested.

#18 ·
baldheadjim said:
I used to use Labra covers on all my vehicles. Stopped because of paint fade and scratching issues. Both issues were my fault at least partially because I hardly ever removed them. fading occurs unevenly so nose color was always brighter and richer than body of cars. Also material did not scratch car as I recall the sand and other grit that gets under the cover was worse than sand. If a clear front shield becomes available then I would be interested.
There is a clear front shield, several people on the site have had them installed, there is a 3M product and then another one that many have used (Venture guard I think, but I could be wrong. Do a search on the home page and you should find plenty of info.

#19 ·
Thanks for the Info.Claveman !! I just ordered one for my Clave, Worst Love Bug Season will start soon!
It is hard to describe how bad Love Bugs are to someone unless they have experienced "The Swarms" of these things.
Sometimes it is like a rain storm of Bugs!!

#21 ·
bsox said:
There is a clear front shield, several people on the site have had them installed, there is a 3M product and then another one that many have used (Venture guard I think, but I could be wrong. Do a search on the home page and you should find plenty of info.
Yes, in addition to 3M there's a Venture Shield (I believe) and then Autobahnd "roadblock". I think they're all good, the 3M product is warranteed 5 yrs but the others carry a lifetime warranty. We wound up chosing the latter... hopefully they'll be in business long enough to give that product a time advantage over the 3M.

We have had 3M shield on our last two motorhomes... It does have a tendency to orange peel a bit which would show up more on a car than a coach. Our Autobahnd seems nice and smooth... so far anyway.

.. RP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.