EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyon considered swapping out the grill for a different one without the logo? If so, have you been able to find one and where at?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I haven't seen any aftermarket grills for the enclave. What look did you have in mind?

·
Registered
10 Posts
They have a logo-less grill called the Billet for the Saturn Outlook version.... not sure if it would fit the Enclave.
Here is a pic from the outlook forum.
Key1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Billet is very aggressive, and now that you saw the Saturn offered, it's only a matter of time. They are probably just looking at demographics to see if Enclaves weren't ALL bought by 80 year old guys! Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that! ;) ;D :thumb:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the photo, not sure if that grill would fit, but it looks nice. I just want that huge buick emblem off my grill. Once I find something with a clean look like thta I will be switching it. You are right, never thought as a young 30 something that I would own a Buick.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
noneb4god said:
Thanks for the photo, not sure if that grill would fit, but it looks nice. I just want that huge buick emblem off my grill. Once I find something with a clean look like thta I will be switching it. You are right, never thought as a young 30 something that I would own a Buick.
yeah! 30 something ............but how mature we are :thumb: ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not afraid of sporting the Buick logo on the grill, but that would make a fine looking replacement and I'd probably spring for one.

Techno

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
techno said:
I'm not afraid of sporting the Buick logo on the grill, but that would make a fine looking replacement and I'd probably spring for one.

Techno
Hi, Techno
Do you have an Enclave yet? If so, how did it take the summer temps, if you had it then? Just curious as some of us with OE Trailer package were thinking of ADDING an EXTRA tranny cooler!
Any insights as to how it handled the high temps, if you drove during that time?

You live in a fascinating desert area of N. America. Studied it briefly on a recent trip to Las Vegas/Arizona
THKS!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I actually like the grill. I think it looks much better than a billet type grill would on the Enclave.

Remember, this is supposed to be a luxury/near luxury vehicle, not some macho jacked up 4x4 mudder. Not that there is anything wrong with that. In fact I have been mudding more than a few times! :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think that a similar billet grill would look ridiculous on an enclave. IMHO of course

·
Registered
69 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Hi, Techno
Do you have an Enclave yet? If so, how did it take the summer temps, if you had it then? Just curious as some of us with OE Trailer package were thinking of ADDING an EXTRA tranny cooler!
Any insights as to how it handled the high temps, if you drove during that time?

You live in a fascinating desert area of N. America. Studied it briefly on a recent trip to Las Vegas/Arizona
THKS!
Actually, just picked mine up last night! We'll find out in the next couple of months when things start warming up again. I'll get back to you then with reports on warm weather driving and towing...

·
Registered
413 Posts
nickyd said:
I think that a similar billet grill would look ridiculous on an enclave. IMHO of course
Exactly!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The same place that sells the wood dash kits is actually going to have a custom grill for the Enclave in late January or Early February of 2008. It will not be billet, but it will be nice. I don't mind the design of the Buick grill, just the fact that the Buick logo seems so large and protrudes more than the regular grill itself. I wish the logo was just flush with the grill of the car. Everyone has there own opinion about Buick being a luxury name. I admit the car is luxurious and the ride is incredible, far more superior than the Lexus I had, but the name Buick just does not say Luxury to me. Therefore I do not want a huge Buick logo on the front of my luxury car!

·
Registered
413 Posts
noneb4god said:
The same place that sells the wood dash kits is actually going to have a custom grill for the Enclave in late January or Early February of 2008. It will not be billet, but it will be nice. I don't mind the design of the Buick grill, just the fact that the Buick logo seems so large and protrudes more than the regular grill itself. I wish the logo was just flush with the grill of the car. Everyone has there own opinion about Buick being a luxury name. I admit the car is luxurious and the ride is incredible, far more superior than the Lexus I had, but the name Buick just does not say Luxury to me. Therefore I do not want a huge Buick logo on the front of my luxury car!
Let me get this straight; you own an Enclave and it's luxurious with an incredible ride but "the name Buick does not say luxury to you" and you "do not want a huge Buick logo on the front of your luxury car" (which is a Buick that does not say luxury to you but is luxurious etc.).
Your absolute right that everyone is entitled to their opinion and can do whatever they want to their auto. It just sounds to me like your one of those folks that's having a hard time coming to terms with the reality that you actually own a Buick and not one of those foreign name plates.

Seriously if you get the grill please post some photos. Although I don't think the Billet grill would look good on the Enclave it does look sharp on the Outlook IMHO.

·
Registered
379 Posts
43sbest,

You said it before I could!!!

Personally, I don't mind the Buick logo. At least it is an American made car. I have been saying for years if some American car company would come up with something decent, I would much rather buy it than any foreign brand.

The only reason I have had Lexus vehicles is that no one could touch them....until now.

·
Registered
758 Posts
OKCCowboy said:
The only reason I have had Lexus vehicles is that no one could touch them....until now.
Really?

I've never "longed for a Lexus." Would have bored me out of my mind.

TM

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW! Didn't mean to create such a stir. All I was saying is that Buick has never been known as a luxury car in years past. I am glad to own an American Vehicle (even if they won't give me bluetooth) ;D

For years the only luxury vehicles were considered to be Cadillac, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, and now here comes Buick. You may be on to something that I have not come to terms with owning a Buick. (LOL) I am happy to own my Enclave and love it very much. When I tell people I went form a Lexus to a Buick, they usually don't know what an Enclave is and I have to tell them about all the features.

My friends joke that I'm getting old becasue I keep telling them how great the ride is. They say, "You know you're getting old when you talk about the ride before style" I then have to tell them how much style the Enclave has. The Enclave will be the vehicle that gets GM and American made cars back in the limelight and hopefully out of the decline they have been in for years. If I do decide to change the grill I will definately post photos.

As for the logo on the back, it is what it is. I am not trying to get rid of the logo because it's Buick,maybe that was mis-interpreted. I just don't like that the emblem does not curve with the natural form of the grill.

Here is a picture of the grill I saw which was the reason for my initial inquiry.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Buick was always considered "near luxury" and somewhat sporty compared to Cadillac which was more formal and stodgy. Kind of like Bentley was to Rolls Royce but on a different level.

GM's scheme of brand names started with Chevy as basic, everyman cars, then Pontiac, more sporty, European style. Then Oldsmobile, more formal and comfort oriented. Then Buick which was upscale and the pinnacle, Cadillac, where all the new technology was tried. Of course this fell apart during the Roger Smith era and after the 1967 UAW strike, but that is another story.

Mercedes is NOT just a luxury brand, in spite of its marketing in the US. They are used for taxis and police cruisers as well as delivery vans and sports cars. It has always been the maximum of all four: practicality, durability, sportiness, and luxury. To compare Lexus to Mercedes is like comparing Sumo wrestling to Judo. Mercedes are more lean, techno-savvy, European sensible upscale cars that can run with any machine at autobahn speeds. Lexi are, well, fluffy and image oriented heavy with more conservative (and reliable) tech that make for great Buicks of yore, without the styling breakthroughs of the Harley Earl era. Certainly Mercedes has made reliability errors in its more recent cars that have apparently been largely fixed, and Lexus is no longer as bullet proof, but to compare the two on only that level is not realistic. They are totally different cars, albeit marketing to a similar clientèle in the US.

If I was looking for a great ride that insulated me from the "car universe" I might pick Lexus. If I want to dive in and live the best that cutting edge tech and design have to offer, I definitely look at Mercedes.

Just my $.02

TM

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can understand if you don't like the way that the logo protrudes out of the grill. I don't mind the look of the grill that you posted. I still think that there may be some denial there. ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts