EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the front license plate frame? Being in Oklahoma we don't have from license plates.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think the dealer has to do it with a special tool. The only thing is if it's on there and you take it off, it is going to leave holes in the from bumper.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Drill out rivits with 3/16" drill bit remove licence frame ............bond a small piece of abs to back side of bumper
to cover holes , on front side chanmfer holes and fill using Fusor 417 flexable bumper filler , sand , prime, sand and
paint..................no more holes !

·
Registered
525 Posts
If you didn't request the front plate holder when you bought your Enclave, I'd take it back to the dealer and have him perform the bumper surgery!

·
Registered
379 Posts
You bought yours in Dallas didn't you TheKings?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I may need yours!

We're in Austin, but we're flying to Tulsa tomorrow to pick up an Enclave. It was the closest dealer that had one with the options we wanted (CXL AWD, Cocoa exterior, Cashmere interior, Luxury pkg, Confidence pkg, towing pkg, Ent #4).

joe

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FlyingDiver said:
I may need yours!

We're in Austin, but we're flying to Tulsa tomorrow to pick up an Enclave. It was the closest dealer that had one with the options we wanted (CXL AWD, Cocoa exterior, Cashmere interior, Luxury pkg, Confidence pkg, towing pkg, Ent #4).

joe

Hi Joe,
If you get this before you head back to Austin, call my cell @ 918-519-2807. I'll give you the license plate cover.

Also, thanks everyone for the advice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I told the dealer on three separate occassions not to put them there and they did anyway. If you were me would you take it back and demand they remove and repair the bumper?

·
Registered
525 Posts
noneb4god said:
I told the dealer on three separate occassions not to put them there and they did anyway. If you were me would you take it back and demand they remove and repair the bumper?
I certainly would. And if they refuse I'd contact Buick and complain, but I don't think they will give you a hard time because you requested they shouldn't install it in the first place. It comes from the factory lying in the cargo area.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You bet I would go back!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
TheKings said:
Hi Joe,
If you get this before you head back to Austin, call my cell @ 918-519-2807. I'll give you the license plate cover.

Also, thanks everyone for the advice.
If the dealer doesn't have one for it when I get there, I'll do that.

joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts