EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jan. 21st UPDATE:

Spoke with brand quality manager today. Was informed that Acadia update part numbers will fit the Enclave although

bulletin needs to be modified. These are the part#'s... These are the part that slides only, not the complete panel...

Drivers (Lt. Cashmere) 25965453
Drivers (Lt. Titanium) 25965452
Passenger (Lt Cashmere) 25965474
Passenger (LT Titanium) 25965473

Hope this helps...

I had a Enclave in with Shoulder belt guide cover wear.

There is a bulletin# 08-08-110-018 for Acadia and Outlook to replace the shoulder belt guide with a new cover

with a larger opening.

There isn't a updated part yet for the Enclave. I emailed this picture to the brand quality manager for review.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Front Shoulder Belt Guide Wear

Mine is much more severe than yours. The next time I take it for its checkup, I'll ask the dealer what they can do.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

I've checked ours several times since I saw the original thread on this and we don't have any issues. I'm surprised too, since my wife is only 4'10" and drives with the seat WAY forward.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

I had both replaced in front and they are doing the same thing again....

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

I had the front driver's side seat belt casement replaced and the same thing is recurring. The first one wore all the way to the edge, and the new one is about half way there again. Why is there a replacement for the Acadia and Outlook , but not the Enclave. Do they have a different style with no replacement design made yet for the Enclave?

·
Registered
314 Posts

2MuchCoffee said:
Both of our B Pillar seatbelt housing panels were replaced today (Part# 25795122 and 25795124). The opening for the belt is larger than the original but not by much. Our original panels had about a 1/4 inch slot sawed out by the belt. The good news is that the belts seem no worse for wear. This picture looks much like the picture hog posted in the first entry here. (Remember to click the thumbnail to enlarge picture.)

2Much
Do you think the replacements are large enough to resolve the problem?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

they look no different than what they replaced mine with a few months ago....

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

It wouldn't require a new set of tooling to address the issue. The company that supplies the part would simply have to remove some material from the injection mold to make the slot larger and, in my opinion, they could thicken the material at the edge. They also might be able to come up with some type of mold-in reinforcement that could be placed on the back side of the part. They could even use the typical automotive band-aid that's used on everything - a small piece of self-adhesive flock tape - on the inside edge of the part.

·
Registered
38 Posts

This is happening to mine, too, and I've only had the car since November. :( I'll have to keep an eye on it, and when it gets bad have it replaced.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

wait a minute...so adjust the belt to the highest setting if not comfortable to ensure this doesn't occur again? So accept medicocrity...? This is GM's problem the consumer doesn't demand quality...therefore since this is acceptable other things slide through the cracks.....it is only cosmetic?? Im shocked coming from you coffee.... :eyebrow:

·
Registered
313 Posts

BadAV said:
It wouldn't require a new set of tooling to address the issue. The company that supplies the part would simply have to remove some material from the injection mold to make the slot larger
The mold is the negative... where the slot is located on the part would be a solid plug. They would have to add material to the plug to make the slot larger, thus requiring new tooling to be made.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

2MuchCoffee, my impression is that the replacement seat belt casement looks the same as the original based on the photos in this thread. Were you assured by the dealer that the replacement is, in fact, a redesigned part?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

I'm sure I will be "attacked" for actually posting this, but we still have seen no wearing whatsoever with over 20K miles and 15 months of ownership. No wear either in my Acadia with 6 months and over 11K miles. Sure seems like all vehicles aren't affected and that there must have been a batch (or several batches) of "weak molds" when these were made by the supplier. Good luck to those of you having the problem. Maybe you will get a good replacement with no further wear.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

Mine has been replaced once already, and the problem is recurring. I hope that the problem has since been resolved due to either a redesign or replacement of defective batches. ::)

·
Registered
179 Posts
hog said:
Jan. 21st UPDATE:

Spoke with brand quality manager today. Was informed that Acadia update part numbers will fit the Enclave although

bulletin needs to be modified. These are the part#'s... These are the part that slides only, not the complete panel...

Drivers (Lt. Cashmere) 25965453
Drivers (Lt. Titanium) 25965452
Passenger (Lt Cashmere) 25965474
Passenger (LT Titanium) 25965473

Hope this helps...

I had a Enclave in with Shoulder belt guide cover wear.

There is a bulletin# 08-08-110-018 for Acadia and Outlook to replace the shoulder belt guide with a new cover

with a larger opening.

There isn't a updated part yet for the Enclave. I emailed this picture to the brand quality manager for review.
hog, any update on this? Mine isn't as bad as in your picture. But I can see the cut into the guide cover starting to develop.

Thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just had mine replaced last week and I asked the Service Advisor if there was any re-engineering of the new one & he said no. I told him I'd see him in about 1yr to get it replaced again!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Had mine replaced about a month and a half ago and here we go again. Nice 1/4" deep gouge...this is crazy that they can't fix the mould to provide additional room for the seat belt to move :banghead:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I had mine replaced almost a year ago and there is about a 1/4" divot again. I really do not mind it since it is difficult to notice cosmetically, so long as there is no negative consequence on function or belt wear.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I notice mine is exactly the same as picture posted by hog. This with 5000k on vehicle. Am re-assured hearing that the belt doesn't suffer as that would be safety issue and probably higher cost replacement. Must be very soft plastic...

Still, it doesn't complement the appearance.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
About this Discussion
77 Replies
25 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing