EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I have to remove the Wiper Arms on my 08 Enclave and I am wondering if anyone has any tips... I've removed the cap and the nut but I'm having a hard time getting the arm off. Do I need a wiper arm removal tool and if so which one? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you...

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
I used a battery post puller.
Worked on my 2010.
Tried the same on bros 2012, did not work as arm had changed a bit.
I know i posted a pix on the forum

Reactions: PhDr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a battery post puller.
Worked on my 2010.
Tried the same on bros 2012, did not work as arm had changed a bit.
I know i posted a pix on the forum
Thank you for that! I can't seem to get the dang washer off...I did watch a few YouTube videos but nobody had an issue with the washer...it's on there tight! Think I'll try some WD on it and hope that works...again, thank you for answering!

·
Administrator
761 Posts
Just took them off my 2013 while doing the struts and it was as simple as removing the nut and wiggling them a little by hand. Popped right off. Guessing yours are corroded on there. Spray them with some real penetrating oil (aka, not wd-40… something from the auto parts store that actually says penetrating oil on the spray can) and let that sit for an hour or so. Might have to use a smaller puller if they still won’t come. Just make sure it’s pulling on the arm while pushing against the stud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just took them off my 2013 while doing the struts and it was as simple as removing the nut and wiggling them a little by hand. Popped right off. Guessing yours are corroded on there. Spray them with some real penetrating oil (aka, not wd-40… something from the auto parts store that actually says penetrating oil on the spray can) and let that sit for an hour or so. Might have to use a smaller puller if they still won’t come. Just make sure it’s pulling on the arm while pushing against the stud.
Excellent, going to get that when they open! Thank you for the advice!
Thank you for the advice! Going to the store as soon as they open...thanks again for responding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts