EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Enclave. No problem for the first year, then suddenly I can not put gas in the tank as the nozzle keeps cutting off. Took it in and they found a problem with the vapor recovery system. Replaced it all. worked fine for 2 months now doing it again. Took the car back in and they replaced the entire fuel tank. Did not fix the problem - still keeps shutting off the fuel nozzle. The only thing they have not replaced is the filler line from the gas cap to the tank. When the dealer contacted the "engineers" at corporate they basically said in essence "not our problem, must be the gas stations". Still in the shop and I cant get any more info from them. VERY frustrating, am ready to go to a lawyer and invoke the California Lemon Law. Anyone else have a similar problem??

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
No, but I have noticed on some cars that not putting the nozzle in as far seems to help with inadvertent shutting off. Try pulling the nozzle out ever so slightly and see if it helps.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
While I've never had this problem with my Outlook I did in a previous GM vehicle - it seemed to only occur at a couple of stations so I just didn't buy gas there any more. Have you tried filling up at a few different places?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This happens at every gas station I use, so its not a bad nozzle at any one particular station. Also, if I turn the nozzle up-side-down it will work fine. I was in Nevada this past weekend where they do not use vapor recovery nozzles, and had no problems filling up. Its obviously some issue with the internal vapor recovery system in the car as when the system was replaced in April, I had no problems for approx 2 months, then started again 3 weeks ago.

This is extremely frustrating. The dealer has been doing what they can to fix this, but are getting NO assistance from corporate "engineers" when they ask for help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't think a lemon law would apply to a gas pump issue. Like one other said, remove the handle some and don't go full throttle on it. I have an avalanche and it does the same thing until I pull it back some. I have had this vehicle for 9 years. Not a major issue for me.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
when filling, try pulling back on the rubber part of the filler nozzle.. so it does not make contact with the filler tube.
Also try not to insert the nozzle all the way in. see if that helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you make it a habit to squeeze that extra 10cents in after it shuts down you will saturate the evap system with raw fuel and it will quit venting.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
oldman said:
if you make it a habit to squeeze that extra 10cents in after it shuts down you will saturate the evap system with raw fuel and it will quit venting.
along will also giving hard starts after fill ups--- and setting the Check Engine light. P0496 I believe is the code.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jcbecker28 said:
I don't think a lemon law would apply to a gas pump issue. Like one other said, remove the handle some and don't go full throttle on it. I have an avalanche and it does the same thing until I pull it back some. I have had this vehicle for 9 years. Not a major issue for me.
Actually it does. This is not a "gas pump issue". It is a problem in the fuel filling system that has developed over a period of time, and effects anyone who tries to put gas in the vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dgran said:
I have a 2014 Enclave. No problem for the first year, then suddenly I can not put gas in the tank as the nozzle keeps cutting off. Took it in and they found a problem with the vapor recovery system. Replaced it all. worked fine for 2 months now doing it again. Took the car back in and they replaced the entire fuel tank. Did not fix the problem - still keeps shutting off the fuel nozzle. The only thing they have not replaced is the filler line from the gas cap to the tank. When the dealer contacted the "engineers" at corporate they basically said in essence "not our problem, must be the gas stations". Still in the shop and I cant get any more info from them. VERY frustrating, am ready to go to a lawyer and invoke the California Lemon Law. Anyone else have a similar problem??
I was hoping I would get some response from Buick Customer Service, but nothing yet.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
dgran said:
I was hoping I would get some response from Buick Customer Service, but nothing yet.
Have to private messaged Buick Customer Service thru the forum?
Or here is their # in Detroit:
Buick
1-800-521-7300
1-800-832-8425

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cfedor said:
Have to private messaged Buick Customer Service thru the forum?
Or here is their # in Detroit:
Buick
1-800-521-7300
1-800-832-8425
Thanks! Interesting, I had a minor problem before and posted here. The Customer Service person responded almost immediately. Oh well..... :-\

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing