EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 enclave awd fuel mileage dropped from 17.5 to 15. I replaced plugs about 3k miles ago. Newer air filter. Starts and runs fine. 89k miles. Any suggestions,?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Run a couple of bottles of Techtron Concentrate in alternate fillups to clean the injectors.Do you always use Toptier gas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I usually buy my gas at Krogers. It is a local food chain that offers fuel rewards. I have been buying gas there for years.

·
Registered
609 Posts
i don't see kroger on the top tier list. The non top tier gas brands do not have the cleaning agents to keep things from getting fouled up after time. I believe Alvineer asked if the reason that you changed the plugs was due to less MPG or it happened after you changed them. If the latter, maybe the gap wasn't right and they are not providing proper detonation. Maybe your injectors are fouled and need cleaning. Techtron will help keep the fuel system clean if used occasionally, it will clean it with a couple of quick treatments. Top tier uses some of the same ingredients as Techtron.

Also do you change the oil at 3-5K or use the OLM to tell you when it's time? Do you use Dino or Synthetic?

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
Electbc is correct. That's why I asked. That's not a huge drop in mileage, and incorrect plugs or gaps could be a factor. If you've been using the same gas all along, as he stated, the injectors would be suspect.

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Make sure you're considering environmental factors, especially with all the COVID stuff going on. Has your commute changed? Even if it's the same, are you going considerably faster since there is so little traffic on the road right now now?

If you used to commute 5 days a week on the highway and now you're only taking in town trips to the supermarket that can easily explain the change in MPG. Even if you're doing the same trips but going faster because of less traffic that can make a considerable difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2011 enclave awd fuel mileage dropped from 17.5 to 15. I replaced plugs about 3k miles ago. Newer air filter. Starts and runs fine. 89k miles. Any suggestions,?
yea! When was the last time you flushed out the top end of the fuel system?? These direct injection engines can implode themselves occasionally if carbon buildup gets too bad in the heads. Seafoam is one way to do this.
Mileage will go up 1-3 mph after a dirty engine cleanup.

Let me know how you make out............ Bob

·
Registered
50 Posts
Agree. Run some cleaner through the system. Maybe 2 or 3 bottles back-to-back (not at same time haha). Maybe even use several different brands just to cover all the bases (sea foam, gumout, etc.) I changed my fuel injectors and plugs at the same time (one of the injectors failed) and my mileage skyrocketed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts