EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have to report how fantastic this car performs in the snow! I have been having a blast, enjoying all the fresh snow and even on ice it has done remarkably well. This with the factory all weather Michelin tires. We have taken it out and really gunned it around corners (in remote areas of course!), and couldn't get it to go out of control. It will slide some in hard stops of course, but it's still pretty controlled and I feel very secure in my Halle! We got 8 inches of snow last night and schools were closed, and people not going to work. Not me, I couldn't wait to get out there!! :D :D Now if I could just trust that guy coming up behind me a little too fast . . .

·
Registered
333 Posts
Halle's mom said:
I just have to report how fantastic this car performs in the snow! I have been having a blast, enjoying all the fresh snow and even on ice it has done remarkably well. This with the factory all weather Michelin tires. We have taken it out and really gunned it around corners (in remote areas of course!), and couldn't get it to go out of control. It will slide some in hard stops of course, but it's still pretty controlled and I feel very secure in my Halle! We got 8 inches of snow last night and schools were closed, and people not going to work. Not me, I couldn't wait to get out there!! :D :D Now if I could just trust that guy coming up behind me a little too fast . . .
Ok I'm jealous, from balmy Philly...think snow!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Snow here, too. I have the FWD and I have no problems in the snow. Of course, I don't go plowing through 3 foot drifts, but all the snow I encounter on the roads and driveways are a piece of cake. My neighbor says "women don't need AWD's...they think the can go thru snow with them"...Huh?! He says if you get stuck in the snow, you went a mile too far.[/color] :crazy:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rosita2001 said:
My neighbor says "women don't need AWD's...they think the can go thru snow with them"...Huh?! He says if you get stuck in the snow, you went a mile too far.[/color] :crazy:
Ditto that! :ditto: What's that supposed to mean?? Am I having a blond moment or does that not make sense?? :tard:

Glad to hear the FWD also handles great in the snow! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Halle's mom said:
Ditto that! :ditto: What's that supposed to mean?? Am I having a blond moment or does that not make sense?? :tard:

Glad to hear the FWD also handles great in the snow! :thumb:

Well, I'm not sure...but you're a blonde, I'm a blonde ("silver threads among the gold"-hahahah) and his wife is a blonde. MAYBE HE THINKS BLONDES ARE STUPID...or maybe all woman. Oh well, we just ignore him and drink another watermelon cooler.
[/color] :friday:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I can vouch for the snow performance of the AWD. We followed a car with chains out of Yosemite last week, and he was sliding all over the road on turns (probably having a little fun). The Enclave held tight the entire time. You couldn't even tell we were on snow if you didn't look at the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts