EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any other Canadians having problems programming the garage door opener? It says this may be a problem for Canadians in the manual, something to do with shorter signal time or something, but I just can't crack it. I follow the steps, looks like it's done, but it's not. It says about finding something in the door opener and using the "learn" function - hah, I can't even locate the thing in my garage I'm supposed to use for that :help:

Any tips?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Learn button is usually on the back of the opener? I will have to wait a bit longer to try mine (until I get delivery), but I had no problems with the Homelink on the wife's Lexus .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony2Tap said:
The Learn button is usually on the back of the opener? I will have to wait a bit longer to try mine (until I get delivery), but I had no problems with the Homelink on the wife's Lexus .
Oh! On the back of the remote thing you mean? I've been looking for it in the garage somewhere <blush>. I'll try again and take another look when I get back.

·
Registered
214 Posts
butterscotch said:
Oh! On the back of the remote thing you mean?
Not the remote. On the openers motor body. I had to get out the step ladder to reach mine.

Wayne

·
Registered
19 Posts
To get to my (Liftmaster) opener's learn button, I had to remove the plastic cover over the light bulb; it was a red square button on the side of the opener facing the back wall of the garage. Get your stepladder out and look.

G

·
wow, enless canada is different, you guys are doing it really different, what i do is hold the outer 2 buttons until it blinks rapidly, then let go, hold the button you want to program, at the same time hold the garage door button on the remote, hold them both until it blinks rapidly.

DISCLAMER

this is from an american yukon xl, witha craftman door opener, but it has worked on all the other cars i have programed and differnt motors i have program, i do not garenteed this will work on the enclave.

·
Registered
249 Posts
There are two parts in programming the button. The first is just what Thunder did, but some garage opener requires more (like mine), thus you have to follow the first AND second part on the manual. The second part requires you to go to the garage door motor itself and find the learn button. You have to press that button while another person presses the programmable button in your vehicle. If the programmable button received the frequency, your garage door should open, if not, wait 3 seconds and press the learn button again on the garage door motor and press the programmable button again. You do this a few times until the programmable button finds the freq.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
buckeye1 said:
To get to my (Liftmaster) opener's learn button, I had to remove the plastic cover over the light bulb; it was a red square button on the side of the opener facing the back wall of the garage. Get your stepladder out and look.
Aha, a clue! I will start looking at the lights, because I don't see any motor or learn button or anything in the garage as is. Thanks for the tip :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
FlavaClav said:
There are two parts in programming the button. The first is just what Thunder did, but some garage opener requires more (like mine), thus you have to follow the first AND second part on the manual. The second part requires you to go to the garage door motor itself and find the learn button. You have to press that button while another person presses the programmable button in your vehicle. If the programmable button received the frequency, your garage door should open, if not, wait 3 seconds and press the learn button again on the garage door motor and press the programmable button again. You do this a few times until the programmable button finds the freq.
The second step applies to any opener with "rolling" codes (Every opener brands it differently). Both my Stanley and Chamberlain had them, so it might be a Canadian thing ???.
butterscotch, the motor is the part on the ceiling, attached to the chain with the gear that moves the chain (I'm assuming you knew this, but I couldn't tell from your post)?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony2Tap said:
butterscotch, the motor is the part on the ceiling, attached to the chain with the gear that moves the chain (I'm assuming you knew this, but I couldn't tell from your post)?
I didn't have a clue! But I've located it this morning, red button exactly where you said it would be - pressed it, ran down the ladder and did the bit with the Enclave, and second time around it worked :thumbup:

Thanks to all for suggestions, not sure it was anything to do with Canadian frequencies, just my cluelessness :D

It's an iDrive Wayne Dalton or something if anyone has the same.

·
Registered
249 Posts
butterscotch said:
I've located it this morning, red button exactly where you said it would be - pressed it, ran down the ladder and did the bit with the Enclave, and second time around it worked

:D That's funny :D I can picture you running up and down the ladder going in and out of your car just to program one stupid button. Good thing you didn't trip. ;D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found the best option was to pull the car into the garage and reach the opener when standing in the car. I think you have 30 secords once you press the button though. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts