EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know where to put a Garmin C340 GPS in a 2008 Enclave. I don't like puting one on the dash.Has anyone figured a way to install?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Proclip (www.proclipusa.com) promised to make a mount for Enclave in a month or so. They already make mounts specific to Acadia and Outlook.

·
Registered
184 Posts
chumster said:
Proclip (www.proclipusa.com) promised to make a mount for Enclave in a month or so. They already make mounts specific to Acadia and Outlook.
Thanks for that link.
We have a garmin nuvi 250w and we tried to put it everywhere also. I do not like it on the glass in the center of the window. Right now, we have it to the left of the driver on the glass. It is out of the way and not interfering in my direct view. I only take the gps out when I need it though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the Nuvi 680 and I found the round suction cup end fits very snuggly in the circle for the voltage display. I really liked this placement!

However when I went to remove it I nearly pulled off the chrome like trim around the gage (very disappointing). I'm curious to see whant this proclip holder will look like.

·
Registered
743 Posts
New2Buick said:
I have the Nuvi 680 and I found the round suction cup end fits very snuggly in the circle for the voltage display. I really liked this placement!

However when I went to remove it I nearly pulled off the chrome like trim around the gage (very disappointing). I'm curious to see whant this proclip holder will look like.
I always stick my Fingernail or something under the edge of the Suction Cup before pulling it off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
rocketman said:
I always stick my Fingernail or something under the edge of the Suction Cup before pulling it off.
Good advice, but I guess I wasn't clear...It was not suctioned on to anything, I simply wedged it into the circular encasement for the voltage control…of course then you cannot see the voltage reading, but as someone mentioned in a separate thread if something is wrong with the voltage the car will tell you.

·
Registered
743 Posts
OK, I understand now. Good Luck.
I love the Built In Nav with the Radio Controls, but I use my Magellan 6000 in my other Vehicles.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jmy44 said:
Does any one know where to put a Garmin C340 GPS in a 2008 Enclave. I don't like puting one on the dash.Has anyone figured a way to install?
I just recieved an email from Pro Clip and they now have a clip for the 2008 Enclave in stock item #854103

·
Registered
221 Posts
I use the suction cup for my Garmin c530 at the top center of windshield, just left of the mirror. I take it down when not in use and hide it. It seems to be out of the way. It will not stick to the sunscreen portion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love the look of the integrated NAV system on the Enclaves. However I’ve used Garmins for a while and I’m hooked on their car to car portability/adjustability for viewing. I found two (non windshield) locations that seem to work well for our Nuvi 660.

Similar to a prior post by New2Buick, one place is wedge the suction mount horizontally into the fuel gauge hole with the rubber side facing up and the suction lever on the bottom fully opened. (i.e.this set-up doesn’t use the suction feature for attachment). I prefer this location for driving solo since the screen and is right in front of me at instrument level and Bluetooth voice commands are picked up better. My default DIC readout is "RANGE" so the fuel guage is redundant.
The second location is centered on the dash over the analog clock and uses the suction feature of the mount. (Yes…. the Enclave cockpit design team will squirm in disbelief to hear the jewel clock would be covered by a rubber cup, but hey….practicality works for me and all I ask of it ...is to occasionally suck it up). The clock is a nice looking "bling" but also redundant given the more visible digital clock in the radio.
I had to make up a small plate that covers the clock area and clips to the vents on either side of the clock . The co-pilot loves this location and turns the GPS towards the passenger seat on long trips for checking out all the POI’s along the route and making calls.

If pic’s would be useful to anyone let me know and I’ll take a few shots & post.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Clavedweller said:
Love the look of the integrated NAV system on the Enclaves. However I’ve used Garmins for a while and I’m hooked on their car to car portability/adjustability for viewing. I found two (non windshield) locations that seem to work well for our Nuvi 660.

Similar to a prior post by New2Buick, one place is wedge the suction mount horizontally into the fuel gauge hole with the rubber side facing up and the suction lever on the bottom fully opened. (i.e.this set-up doesn’t use the suction feature for attachment). I prefer this location for driving solo since the screen and is right in front of me at instrument level and Bluetooth voice commands are picked up better. My default DIC readout is "RANGE" so the fuel guage is redundant.
The second location is centered on the dash over the analog clock and uses the suction feature of the mount. (Yes…. the Enclave cockpit design team will squirm in disbelief to hear the jewel clock would be covered by a rubber cup, but hey….practicality works for me and all I ask of it ...is to occasionally suck it up). The clock is a nice looking "bling" but also redundant given the more visible digital clock in the radio.
I had to make up a small plate that covers the clock area and clips to the vents on either side of the clock . The co-pilot loves this location and turns the GPS towards the passenger seat on long trips for checking out all the POI’s along the route and making calls.

If pic’s would be useful to anyone let me know and I’ll take a few shots & post.
Picts are always appreciated. Thanks.

BB

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Proclip came out with another clip mount-- a center mount.Not what I was looking for but other posters might be interested in it. Item 854102 Center mount and 854103 angle mount. I am in the process of making a plastic mount that velcros to the vinyl dash right below the clock for a Garmin C340.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I like the Portables too. At least you can Change or check various things without pulling off the road and pitting the Vehicle in Park. Also, just the Portability of it. I have a Magellan 6000 and it works great. When in the Enclave, I use the Built-in. 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures of the two non-window mount positions I use for our Garmin -Nuvi 660. When we use the Center dash mount, I patch the Garmin audio to the AUX in on the radio to get nav voice, phone , mp3 music(SD memory card) through the car radio system. Music will auto mute when phone or nav voice comes on. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
743 Posts
Very nice !! I don't think you're missing anything by not having the Factory Nav.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts