EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Buick Enclave with 110k miles. I filled up my gas tank today and drove for about 45 minutes, it said over 300 miles until empty, then all of a sudden gas hand was on E, range until empty was “———“ . I thought maybe it was a malfunction so I turned the car off and back on hoping it would reset but when I turned the car back on the check engine light was then on. It still says empty of gas and Range is still blank. The gas light is not on. Anyone had this type of problem?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Go to autozone or similar auto parts store and have them read the check engine code. Could be a loose connection in your fuel tank system wiring, could be bad connection on your fuel level sender. Other vehicles had fluctuation of fuel levels but not usually with a check engine light. GM recommends using Top Tier fuel to fight deposits.
What brand of fuel do you use?
Get the code read and take it from there.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
this is worth a try. I know someone on the Traverse forum just looked at his and corrected the issue.
This plug/connector is located under the vehicle.
You will have to get on your knees or back and look.
Look at your driver door and the seat back position... make a straight line down--- under the vehicle in the area below the seatback- will be connector X305.
Check it for water intrusion, rust, or it being loose/pulled.

We used to have pics of the connector- but those dissapeared.

Inoperative Fuel Gauge and Hard Start/No Start Condition

Some 2008-2012 Enclave, 2009-2012 Traverse, 2007-2012 Acadia and 2007-2010 Outlook models may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

• Engine is hard to start • Engine will not start • Engine starts, then stalls • Fuel gauge is inoperative or fluctuates • Service Engine Soon/Check Engine light is illuminated

These conditions, which may be intermittent and have various DTCs set, may be due to the fuel tank harness to body harness retainer slipping on the tubing, putting pressure on the harness and causing connector X305 to become partially separated or not fully seated. (Fig. 13)

Inspect connector X305 to make sure that it is fully seated. If the connector is not fully seated, inspect the terminals at connector X305 for corrosion. If the terminals show signs of corrosion, replace the corroded terminals.

Remove the wire harness retaining clip from the steel lines (Fig. 14, Position 1) and reposition it in front of the steel line support to prevent it from sliding. (Fig. 14. Position 2)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had the exact same symptoms a few years back with my 2012, it turned out to be a broken baffle in the fuel tank that broke the fuel pump while it was sloshing around in there, got wedged on the fuel float, causing the fuel level reading to be incorrect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts