EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

2861 - 2880 of 2904 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
rbarrios said:
I can imagine.

I think the Traverse is great for road trips-- Enclave must be even quieter.
I came over from a Traverse LTZ that i really liked, the biggest problem it was an 09. had all the problems as normal except the wave plate and timing chain. Traded it with 80000 miles. Was not looking to buy until this Buick premium with 5000 miles fell in my lap. Both are very similar the Buick may be a bit quieter. Not a lot of difference in the two. The buick is 6 years newer in development. Almost a year owning with 0 problems. (Knock on wood)

·
Registered
140 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
Why would you do that?
Im not afraid to pay a little more for a better product.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I filled up on Tuesday @ $1.97 Good!! $h!T!!! Now it's back up to $2.37!!! :angryfire:

·
Registered
140 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
Better -in what way?
Im not looking to get in a debate with you about high test fuel. It is, over all a better product than 87 especially in a DI motor. And running it on the highway the cleaning elements are important to me. Too many people fell that 87 is sufficient all the time, i don't agree. Read the manual it states 87 or higher for a reason.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Fcar53 said:
Im not looking to get in a debate with you about high test fuel. It is, over all a better product than 87 especially in a DI motor. And running it on the highway the cleaning elements are important to me. Too many people fell that 87 is sufficient all the time, i don't agree. Read the manual it states 87 or higher for a reason.
Whatever dude its your nickel

·
Registered
140 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
Whatever dude its your nickel
I gave you my opinion why I use the high test the way I do. And you are right, it is my nickel. I'm sure you know more than I do about octane so I won't and even try to question what you do. And I don't particularly like when I am question about what I do. I like to keep my car as long as I can and if I fell what I'm doing is working for me that's all that counts.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
The area low is Costco at $2.13/$2.44. I typically fuel up at a Shell station convenient to work, which is a ripoff at $2.29/$2.99. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
O how I hate the money grubbing scum that translates the lowest price paid for a barrel of oil into $1.19 CDN per Liter of regular . So if we were paying by the gallon here in Canada ( Toronto area ) our price would be 3.36USD per gallon. Time to start making own gas with elderberries and figs....

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Gas prices around here jumped .25 per gallon over the weekend.

Prices are $2.55 a gallon and expected to increase.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Gas prices are up around that much in NJ, too. I'm hearing that prices should quickly retreat as shuttered Gulf refineries come back on line.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
gas prices here are at $2.95 to $3.30 range for regular.

Prices went up over the weekend...
the reason was because of the increased travel due to the holiday...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Was out yesterday on a few errands. Hurricane mines already evident here on west coast of Florida. Fuel lines unbelievable, already. And prices of gas up to $2.69. Have not seen those kinds of prices in years in my area.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
interesting that your Hurricane gas 'shortage' prices are lower---
than what my regular Los Angeles gas price was last week...

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
A friend living near Ft. Lauderdale headed out at 5am to get gas. There was already 30 cars in line. He waited over an hour and there were a couple individuals who ran out of gas waiting. Those in line, helped push them up to the pumps.

He is planning on heading north to Pensacola, not leaving until Friday. I just sent him a message and said "get out of there now".

Stay safe everyone living in the path of this monster.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
$2.99 in Indy

2861 - 2880 of 2904 Posts
About this Discussion
2.9K Replies
163 Participants
Marin
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing